Design your own?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice, all good except the sideplates imo, and i prefer the narrower raised rib as per the A1 standard
I will confess to not being a big fan of sideplates, but I am a big fan of wide ribs though! Actually the more I look at those sideplates on those A1's the more they grow on me for some strange reason, they look sort of classy in an odd way :wacko: .

Yes Yes Yes !!!! It is that rib mate. It's so many years since I've seen one of those ribs. A mentor of mine, the late Emilio Venturini had a D5G trap gun made for him and it had that rib. I used it a few times and I shot it quite well, but I could never have afforded one of those guns. It just seemed to glide through the air, even though it was no lightweight! In fact Emilio who owned the gun is the only Italian trap shooter I ever met that did not use an Italian made gun, he loved his Brownings and Mirokus. Is that your gun by any chance? If so look after it mate, it's a lovely gun, even though B25s seem to be out of fashion these days! :wink:
Would Emilio be Marco Venturini's dad?

Would Emilio be Marco Venturini's dad?
To be honest I have no idea! I know he had kids, but I never knew their names though. I'm not even sure how old Marco is, I guess if Emilio was still alive he would be about 80 odd by now. He was a great guy and an amazing shooter too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marco venturini is 52 if that helps
I had a look for info on Marco, but there isn't that much about him oddly enough! I found out that he is over 6ft 1in tall, which is quite tall, Emilio was also about that height, just a tad shorter than me in fact, I'm about 6 ft 2in. A lot of the Italians that I've shot with over the years seemed to be pretty short, well somewhat shorter than me anyway! But there again Ian, a lot people are shorter than me. :D Looking at the style of Marco's shooting, he shot very hunched up and bent over with his stock very low in the shoulder as far as I could see. Emilio was hunched and quite bent over but his gun was much higher in the shoulder. My own shooting style is not not unlike Emilio's , for obvious reasons I guess. As far as looks go, well I can't see any huge resemblance between Emilio and Marco, so I guess I will never know unless I ever get to speak to Marco, which is unlikely!

Les

it just so happens that a shooting friend of mine (40up Will know who i mean) is very well connected and personal friends with a lot of very well known Italian shooters one of which i believe is Mr venturini i Will try and get an answer to your question from him on sat. If anyone knows or can find out it Will be him.

Les

it just so happens that a shooting friend of mine (40up Will know who i mean) is very well connected and personal friends with a lot of very well known Italian shooters one of which i believe is Mr venturini i Will try and get an answer to your question from him on sat. If anyone knows or can find out it Will be him.
Cheers Ian, it would be good to find out mate! Let's hope there are no skeltons in the Venturini closet!!!!! :.: :.: If it help, I do know that Emilio had a few restaurants in London and I think he also had business interests in the USA, as well as in Italy. He was a very wealthy guy and as far as I know he died in about 2003/2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a look for info on Marco, but there isn't that much about him oddly enough! I found out that he is over 6ft 1in tall, which is quite tall, Emilio was also about that height, just a tad shorter than me in fact, I'm about 6 ft 2in. A lot of the Italians that I've shot with over the years seemed to be pretty short, well somewhat shorter than me anyway! But there again Ian, a lot people are shorter than me. :D Looking at the style of Marco's shooting, he shot very hunched up and bent over with his stock very low in the shoulder as far as I could see. Emilio was hunched and quite bent over but his gun was much higher in the shoulder. My own shooting style is not not unlike Emilio's , for obvious reasons I guess. As far as looks go, well I can't see any huge resemblance between Emilio and Marco, so I guess I will never know unless I ever get to speak to Marco, which is unlikely!
Facebook..........send him a friend request.

Latest posts

Back