Design your own?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done some DTL and Skeet at the NCSC but Olympic Trap would be a watse of time and money for me at the moment.

I was fortunate to have a hot sunny day to shoot the Long Siberia ESC course and its was exceedingly pleasant.

I have done some DTL and Skeet at the NCSC but Olympic Trap would be a watse of time and money for me at the moment.

I was fortunate to have a hot sunny day to shoot the Long Siberia ESC course and its was exceedingly pleasant.
Glad you had a good day Robert. As for OT, well it can be a killer at first, but it is also very highly addictive for many people, myself included. :)

I pretty much have it at the moment.

K80 trap stock (ish, ive had it made longer and a lot higher) 32" tubes with 2" extensions for weight, honey and black walnut woodwork, gold union jack and initials on top latch, no beads old school K80 trigger.

I am however going to order a new one next year on my birthday which will be same spec as above but with some very special custom engraving on the sides, bottom and top latch. A real gun for life....

Blimey, that's a long old drive Ian. Bisley is not too far from Windsor as it happens and the NCSC is a nice place to shoot. :wink: :)
les, its 205 miles door to door and we can do it in 3hr 30 mins in the motorhome. Mini ips has lived /~worked there for 14 months and we go down every 4 to 6 wks however as yet Mrs ips and mini ips have not allowed me to Begger off

to bisley. .. Hope to next year as plan to do the ot and abt selections so bound to be a few opportunitys.

les, its 205 miles door to door and we can do it in 3hr 30 mins in the motorhome. Mini ips has lived /~worked there for 14 months and we go down every 4 to 6 wks however as yet Mrs ips and mini ips have not allowed me to Begger off

to bisley. .. Hope to next year as plan to do the ot and abt selections so bound to be a few opportunitys.
So where in Lancs do you live Ian?

ok Les:

A pair of Browning A1 traps, consecutive serial numbers hoarded by Mick Grinnal when he was still with us. Have them sideplated in this country, border engrave but blued as per barrels. Keep the trap comb height but round the grips and gameify the fore-ends. Fit plain pads one red one black to distinguish. Bore one out to improved and quarter, leave the other browning threequarters and full. Call them partridge and pheasant. Just cleaned Red after yesterday at Hodnet on sporting with 3-5 traps per stand.

post-54-0-73816700-1350037662.jpg

Attachments

• BrowningA1s 042.JPG
    BrowningA1s 042.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Calling Matt - can I have 50meg more storage please. Thanks 40up.

I dont know what that meens but if 40up is getting a freebie then I want some as well :D

Good service Matt

Les, back to the thread, is this the rib you're referring to?

post-54-0-79775700-1350046427.jpg

post-54-0-35079300-1350046551.jpg

Attachments

• BrowningC1 003.JPG
    BrowningC1 003.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BrowningC1 005.JPG
    BrowningC1 005.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Good service Matt

Les, back to the thread, is this the rib you're referring to?

post-54-0-79775700-1350046427.jpg

post-54-0-35079300-1350046551.jpg
Yes Yes Yes !!!! It is that rib mate. It's so many years since I've seen one of those ribs. A mentor of mine, the late Emilio Venturini had a D5G trap gun made for him and it had that rib. I used it a few times and I shot it quite well, but I could never have afforded one of those guns. It just seemed to glide through the air, even though it was no lightweight! In fact Emilio who owned the gun is the only Italian trap shooter I ever met that did not use an Italian made gun, he loved his Brownings and Mirokus. Is that your gun by any chance? If so look after it mate, it's a lovely gun, even though B25s seem to be out of fashion these days! :wink:

ok Les:

A pair of Browning A1 traps, consecutive serial numbers hoarded by Mick Grinnal when he was still with us. Have them sideplated in this country, border engrave but blued as per barrels. Keep the trap comb height but round the grips and gameify the fore-ends. Fit plain pads one red one black to distinguish. Bore one out to improved and quarter, leave the other browning threequarters and full. Call them partridge and pheasant. Just cleaned Red after yesterday at Hodnet on sporting with 3-5 traps per stand.

post-54-0-73816700-1350037662.jpg
nice, all good except the sideplates imo, and i prefer the narrower raised rib as per the A1 standard

Back