Design your own?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

Ok guys, If you could have a gun made just for you, who would you have make it and what would you specify? For example, I would have it made by Miroku, it would have a black action with only the word "Miroku" engraved on it at the bottom edge of the action near the grip, the engraved name would be inlaid in gold. I would have 30 tubes with a 16mm flat rib rib , the centre of the rib would be grooved(6mm wide) and the outside edges would be file cut/chequered , fixed trigger, fixed chokes at 3/4 and full. I would have a full pistol grip and the stock would be fitted with a kickeeze pad. Forend would be beaver tail, woodwork would have to be very highly figured dark walnut, turkish maybe. I would also specify a white muzzle bead and a red mid bead. Woodwork would be oil finished, semi gloss.

So what about you guys?

ooh I like this idea, :)

I cant get too involved though as belive it or not my current gun is my aspirational gun and is perfect in every way for me. I would however like to get my initials engraved and inlayed with gold on the trigger guard, just need to find an engraver in Lancashire who is up to the job then my gun would really be perfect. ;)

ooh I like this idea, :)

I cant get too involved though as belive it or not my current gun is my aspirational gun and is perfect in every way for me. I would however like to get my initials engraved and inlayed with gold on the trigger guard, just need to find an engraver in Lancashire who is up to the job then my gun would really be perfect. ;)
Maybe someone on here could tell you of an engraver in your neck of the woods Ian. :)

I am hoping that Les :)

this is definately a keeper honest guv :wink:

PS - Or one in Windsor ish would be ok too as we visit mini ips every 4 weeks or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much the same Les, but with a 13mm rib, adjustable trigger, and both beads white.

A pair would be nice though one for Trap one for Sporting (multichoke with the obvious differences in the stock)

I am hoping that Les :)

this is definately a keeper honest guv :wink:

MMMMM!!!! Yeh right Ian! Now how many times have I said that I wonder.................................? :.: :.:

Doh! Just remembered i already have them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Much the same Les, but with a 13mm rib, adjustable trigger, and both beads white.

A pair would be nice though one for Trap one for Sporting (multichoke with the obvious differences in the stock)
You know what Mick, I think the gun we would both like does almost exist, well I think it does! It is, or was, called a Browning Evolution 2. BUT.....it is, or was, hand made in Belgium as opposed to being made in Japan by Miroku, it probably cost an arm and a leg too. The old John Moses was a similar gun too, but it was a limited edition and I only clapped my eyes on one such gun, I shot a round of ABT with it, it was fantastic! It shot like a Miroku! :wink: :.: :.:

ribless 32" barrel multi choke between 1420 - 1500g - will decide later, must be chromed inside

9 - 5 rib with mid channel and inletted small / long red bead which can't be seen with left eye

must have barrel selectors and have wider than usual lever

nice figured wood, London or beavertail fore-end and trappy back end with adjustable comb. This is because it will be fitted with an imported fancy recoil reducer that is linked to the comb movement as well, finished off with an Isis green pad painted black !

overall weight not less than 8.5 lbs

chambered for 2-3/4" shells not 3", internal diameter suitable to shoot fibre/felt if needed

trigger tuned to snap at 3 lbs for both barrels

weight distribution between the hands, will accept back end but not front weight bias

action heavily but tastefully engraved (will have to go without engraving if choosing the H&H Damascus pattern gun :cool: :.: )

extra set of sporter fore-end and stock made to standard measurements for when I pop off and the thing gets sold on

ribless 32" barrel multi choke between 1420 - 1500g - will decide later, must be chromed inside

9 - 5 rib with mid channel and inletted small / long red bead which can't be seen with left eye

must have barrel selectors and have wider than usual lever

nice figured wood, London or beavertail fore-end and trappy back end with adjustable comb. This is because it will be fitted with an imported fancy recoil reducer that is linked to the comb movement as well, finished off with an Isis green pad painted black !

overall weight not less than 8.5 lbs

chambered for 2-3/4" shells not 3", internal diameter suitable to shoot fibre/felt if needed

trigger tuned to snap at 3 lbs for both barrels

weight distribution between the hands, will accept back end but not front weight bias

action heavily but tastefully engraved (will have to go without engraving if choosing the H&H Damascus pattern gun :cool: :.: )

extra set of sporter fore-end and stock made to standard measurements for when I pop off and the thing gets sold on
Pop off??? Have it buried with you! :eek: :wink: :D

Blimey, that's a long old drive Ian. Bisley is not too far from Windsor as it happens and the NCSC is a nice place to shoot. :wink: :)
From someone who has seen only the NCSC, the English Sporting Course over Long Siberia off the Queen's Drive at Bisley and Ashcombe in Devon I was well impressed with Long Siberia this summer which belongs to Bisley Shooting Ground.

It was good that you could Pay & Play on your own and set 3 second delays on all the stands.

From someone who has seen only the NCSC, the English Sporting Course over Long Siberia off the Queen's Drive at Bisley and Ashcombe in Devon I was well impressed with Long Siberia this summer which belongs to Bisley Shooting Ground.

It was good that you could Pay & Play on your own and set 3 second delays on all the stands.
I've only ever shot the OT layouts at Bisley Robert, so I know nothing about the other stuff I'm afraid. I used to shoot at the old Bisley Gun Club/Ray Ward Trap Club, when they had their clubhouse on the site where the NCSC now stands. The good old days! :)

Latest posts

Back