Deben Slim electronic defenders anyone use them?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of changing to the MSA Sordin's, couple of questions - do they pick up that irritating noise Mobile phones make when they're searching for a signal ? Also are they easy to switch off/on as required without removing them ?

Thinking of changing to the MSA Sordin's, couple of questions - do they pick up that irritating noise Mobile phones make when they're searching for a signal ? Also are they easy to switch off/on as required without removing them ?
Mines has never made that mobile phone noise

And a piece of piss to turn off even the fattest fingers could do it with them on

I got a set of the msa sordin deben pro basic at the end of last week and they are amazing. Very easy to turn on and adjust, excellent quality of sound. Very pleased with them indeed, changing the battery is a little tricky though as the cushions are hard to pull off, but otherwise they are excellent.

I have been using the Howard Leights since I got a pair with a subscription to the Field magazine, just over 12 months ago. I had used most of the electronic varieties and had settled on the Cens digitals. All of the 'can'  variations had clanked on the gunstock when mounting the gun or where unusable because of the wind noise. I am deaf, so the amplification of sound is of significant importance. I then had a problem with the Cens and ended up paying a bill which was more than a new pair of Cens passives. Because I need amplified sound when instructing, I started using the Howard Leights. They have been superb. There is no clanking of gun on ear cup, I can hold a coversation whilst wearing them, they are comfortable to wear and I am still on the original batteries after 12 months usage. I have seen them for £50 on the auction site and I think that is excellent value for money.

I have been using the Howard Leights since I got a pair with a subscription to the Field magazine, just over 12 months ago. I had used most of the electronic varieties and had settled on the Cens digitals. All of the 'can'  variations had clanked on the gunstock when mounting the gun or where unusable because of the wind noise. I am deaf, so the amplification of sound is of significant importance. I then had a problem with the Cens and ended up paying a bill which was more than a new pair of Cens passives. Because I need amplified sound when instructing, I started using the Howard Leights. They have been superb. There is no clanking of gun on ear cup, I can hold a coversation whilst wearing them, they are comfortable to wear and I am still on the original batteries after 12 months usage. I have seen them for £50 on the auction site and I think that is excellent value for money.

What happens when he wants them back?

I am afraid he can Foxtrot Oscar !

Oh and I do not need an engineering workshop, should I need the change the batteries !

Last edited by a moderator:
Back