CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to catch up by looking at the "unread" content and in that section this thread came up as:-

CPSA  Its the most appropriate place to read the news these days.

so I was so surprised that I came here to read about it but should have known that I'd misunderstood!

Just had a phone call from the CPSA asking why I had not renewed and also asking if it was something they had done wrong? 

Is it normal for them to chase you up with a phone call?
This post made me chuckle a bit.

Had a call last year when i hadnt renewed promptly,i didnt take the call,my mum did the geezer on the other end asked why i hadnt renewed,then went on to claim that he knew me,and had shot with me! Biggest load of cobblers ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
they rang my office and asked my brother why I hadn't renewed, what's that about, why ask anyone other than the person who didn't renew ?

It's usual practice. (A follow up call, not randomly calling others). Having let my membership lapse several times in recent years I have had three of these phone calls. It's a reasonable thing to do if you want to stop membership shrinkage.

No. An email is reasonable. Phone calls to your work place and questioning family members is not. 

I think you're paranoid. Normal practice for any business trying to succeed. Look at the calls you get from total strangers trying to flog you stuff...........

I think you're paranoid. Normal practice for any business trying to succeed. Look at the calls you get from total strangers trying to flog you stuff...........
Yes, and most people find these equally irritating and offputting. 

why not just send out an email, which is free? 

les

out of curiosity why are you in basc. ??
Sorry Ian, I missed this post! I'm in basc for insurance, legal dept and general firearms stuff. They seem to have a good firearms dept that always responds pretty quickly. 

Yeah they phoned me, can't afford the payment was my reason, told them they should offer a monthly payment like BASC

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yes monthly payment should be an option as it is with BASC.

I'm literally one of the least paranoid people you could meet. 

Normal practice is an exit survey and maybe an email. A follow up email or letter in 10 months maybe. 

Those strangers ringing me to sell me things are hugely annoying and pretty much guarantee I will never, ever use their services. 

Ps. It's not paranoia if you know they're out to get you.  :D

they have never phoned me   probably because I am not a member

Back