CPSA Majors “Competition Only”

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was booking for four of us, sporting and sport trap so had CPSA numbers, addresses etc all to hand just in case but only needed CPSA a numbers. Totally forgot about it until 8.30 but had no problems getting places but looking now I’m glad I did it when I did! 
Bet your pleased you remembered ! Not many places left now. Really looking forward to this High Lodge is a perfect venue for a major. Good luck to you and all those shooting it 

Bet your pleased you remembered ! Not many places left now. Really looking forward to this High Lodge is a perfect venue for a major. Good luck to you and all those shooting it 
Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear, I was booking the English sporting and sport trap at Barbury (British Open), not many spaces left there either!

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear, I was booking the English sporting and sport trap at Barbury (British Open), not many spaces left there either!
No worries, good luck at Barbury, I have booked in for the pro sporting there  great shoot just hope the weather is better this year

British Sporting is now almost sold out, just a few spaces left on the Wednesday and a couple Thursday. From a post I saw last night as well the English sportrap at Eriswell Lodge sold out in 24 hrs as well.

British Open Sporting & Sportrap now both showing as “fully booked” just a couple of days after entries open, that’s staggering. 

Think the English is 120 targets, 15 stands of 8. Its 9 minute squad gaps so if you go round uninterrupted should be 2 hours 15 minutes. But I would expect there to be the odd hold up, so allow 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
I’d allow 3, then there’s the much longer arrival / parking/ booking in / awaiting then after the longer de - brief / comedown / respite / refresh / departure each much longer than a regular competition. 

British Open Sporting & Sportrap now both showing as “fully booked” just a couple of days after entries open, that’s staggering.
...And the EO STR at Eriswell Lodge is sold out. 

Sorry if I’ve completely misunderstood this thread. I actually joined the CPSA today with the intention of enjoying taking part in some registered shoots. So I assume this means I’ll need to pay an extra £10 to enter? A small price to pay in my mind. I’m just looking forward to being part of it all and measuring my own self-improvement. For the record I’d be stunned (and very happy) if I managed to shoot 50%, so I won’t trouble any of the decent shots. 😊

Also coming from a golf background, the opportunity to shoot the same course in the same event as champions/high guns is very appealing. I think it also makes you appreciate just how good high gun would be. You wouldn’t get that opportunity in golf unless you hold a tour card!

Sorry if I’ve completely misunderstood this thread. I actually joined the CPSA today with the intention of enjoying taking part in some registered shoots. So I assume this means I’ll need to pay an extra £10 to enter? A small price to pay in my mind. I’m just looking forward to being part of it all and measuring my own self-improvement. For the record I’d be stunned (and very happy) if I managed to shoot 50%, so I won’t trouble any of the decent shots. 😊

Also coming from a golf background, the opportunity to shoot the same course in the same event as champions/high guns is very appealing. I think it also makes you appreciate just how good high gun would be. You wouldn’t get that opportunity in golf unless you hold a tour card!
Just do any old registered shoot. There are always stars there, so you’ll always get a reality check. Far too much talent in this sport..

Just do any old registered shoot. There are always stars there, so you’ll always get a reality check. Far too much talent in this sport..
Thanks Will 👍 I can’t wait to be around some decent shots…..if I use the golf comparison again, I always found it the best way to learn was to watch the pro’s, how they go about there business….all great to watch and absorb.

Thanks Will 👍 I can’t wait to be around some decent shots…..if I use the golf comparison again, I always found it the best way to learn was to watch the pro’s, how they go about there business….all great to watch and absorb.
Yes it’s good for sure, in any sport actually. When I started I found being on squads with some AA shooters was always good. The only thing is don’t always try and copy them exactly, as it can make it harder. A very experienced shooter can look like they aren’t moving much, but that needs a fine technique. It’s a balance between following their lead but doing it in a way that you can. 

Such is the demand for shooting majors, they are opening up more spaces for the British ESP, and Sportrap.

Obviously the removal of birds only has had no detrimental effect for people wanting to shoot big comps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most see the big comps as a day out and will likely spend the extra. It's when this filters down it will Hurt the sport and the grounds. 

Jasper. 

Back