CPSA Awards 'Best School'

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oddjob

The 2014 CPSA awards are open for nominations. I would like to see if we, Helena Romanes School, can win the 'school of the year' award this year. Some of you may know who we are, many may naturally not know. I am a teacher at a comprehensive school in Essex. 2 years ago I decided to set up a clay shooting club to help students of all shooting abilities and socio economic backgrounds achieve success, with shooting being this vehicle . I run the club in an environment that is not predisposed to shooting, existing in tension with possible negative press and assumed danger.

We were fortunate to be nominated this year for the award of best school and came runners up. However, based on our successes this year I'd like ask if you might vote for us based on the following:

-We are a comprehensive school that allows anyone to shoot, not just those who can afford it.

- We receive no funding what so ever so none or the tax payers cash is used. We survive only on sponsorship from Hull, BASC and kind individuals to keep us going.

-We have become National under 15s champions this year, fighting off well funded private schools.

-We have attracted world champions and England team shooters to train with us.

- We entered 6 colts in the the British Open this year making us a big percentage of the entry in this age group.

- You may have seen us in quite a few magazines this year.

I feel this makes us the school of the year. If you agree please go to the website below abs nominate us. Thank you!

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/caa

Last edited by a moderator:
And if you fancy sharing this with your shooting buddies, that would be super. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
No way!

Helena Romanes School could do a better job than Bobby!

Sloppy that was an insult to the entries in the schools section!

Good luck Oddjob.....hope you win.

@Salop......not sure I agree...even against kids.....they would probably fill in the wrong bit of the form defaulting it to the Chair who is sitting on the grass knoll looking at the book depositry instead of being in Blackpool raming home the 30 substantive changes that are not there ...or...easily identified by anyone.

Dear all. Just a reminder to vote for us if you are able. Really trying to drum up support for the students and our kind sponsors/individuals who have donated money and items. We have added another 6 students to the club this term with the new Year 7s coming in so we are still going forward at a rate of knots. 

Thank you. 

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/awardsnomination

(You do not have to be a CPSA member to vote)

What's the nominee details for the form we need to complete ? CPSA Number, names etc?

What's the nominee details for the form we need to complete ? CPSA Number, names etc?
There is no need for CPSA numbers but the details for the nominee are 'Helena Romanes School' and the category is 'School of the Year I would put that in both first and second name. Feel free to use any of the text above for reasons why you are nominating. Thank you. 

The more direct link is: https://www.cpsa.co.uk/awardsnomination

Thanks again for your votes, it's much appreciated. 

Is this competition awarded by number of nominations or is it simply for consideration by judges?

Good work Oddjob - only took a few moments to put my bid in for you.

Keep up the good work - very impressive :good:

Is this competition awarded by number of nominations or is it simply for consideration by judges?
I would assume that it is pure numbers but do not know for sure. I can imagine the politics that might come about if it were all the boards decision. 

Good work Oddjob - only took a few moments to put my bid in for you.

Keep up the good work - very impressive :good:

Voted accordingly.

Thank you one and all! You are awesome. 

Back