Country Sports - Launceston, Cornwall

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bray184

Does anyone know what's happened to them?

I went by the shop today on my way home from a shoot and the place was empty! Their website looks to be working though and the address hasn't changed.

Never heard of them, is it the place that used to be owned by Tony Kennedy?

I was just about to say the same thing les. Always had a trip to tony Kennedy during my annual hols to bude was a great shop in 80s 90s

I was just about to say the same thing les. Always had a trip to tony Kennedy during my annual hols to bude was a great shop in 80s 90s
He also had a shop at bisley which is now William Evans. I got my dt10 from Tony's shop at bisley as it happens. I think Tony was also the original importer of kreighoffs back in the late 80's/early 90's. I wonder what happened to him?

Don't know mate. I knew a few people who made the trip to by a kemen off him didnt know his k connection.

Tony still hale and hearty as far as I know still selling Piotti last week. First saw him at Tatton Park game fair c. 1968 selling Perazzi and Gyttorp as apprentice to Mike Raymont.

Don't know mate. I knew a few people who made the trip to by a kemen off him didnt know his k connection.
I think the kemens came after the k80's, Fred might remember!

Country Sports is different telephone number and postcode in Launceston to Kennedy Gunmakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Country Sports is different telephone number and postcode in Launceston to Kennedy Gunmakers.
I thought tony had retired ,does he still have a shop then? Aren't Piotti's rather costly bits of kit Fred?

Piotti are his economy model, Fabbri if you want to push the boat out.

I only found country sports a few years ago when I went to launceston looking for tony Kennedy and found his shop empty! A local pointed me in the direction of country sports that also seem to be no more

He also had a shop at bisley which is now William Evans. I got my dt10 from Tony's shop at bisley as it happens. I think Tony was also the original importer of kreighoffs back in the late 80's/early 90's. I wonder what happened to him?
Not certain Tony was the first, an old Farmer called Brian Hinchcliffe at Homefirth (summer wine country) who ran Homefirth GC also sold Krieghoff K32's from the farm in the early 70's, if my memory serves me well. As to who imported them in those days I don't know, unless it was Brian himself.

Phil*

Not certain Tony was the first, an old Farmer called Brian Hinchcliffe at Homefirth (summer wine country) who ran Homefirth GC also sold Krieghoff K32's from the farm in the early 70's, if my memory serves me well. As to who imported them in those days I don't know, unless it was Brian himself.Phil*
Well I never knew that Phil,you live and you learn as they say!!

Back