Constabulary-by-Constabulary: how long did it take you to get your ticket?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lock Stock & Barrel

May have been asked before, but how long did it take you to get your SGC once you'd applied for it?

I'll start: Greater Manchester Police - 16 days, from posting it, to having my home interview, to it arriving on the doormat through the post.

You?

Thames Valley Police 5 weeks from posting application to delivery. Handed my wife's application during FEOs visit and that only took 4 weeks.

Dave

gloucestershire - 14weeks IIRC with muchos chasing and if i hadn't it would have taken much longer.

Staffordshire 12 weeks behind on everything.

Even has an answer phone message telling you this.

To be fair to Lancashire constabulary the delay was due to my GP surgery arguing about payment for a letter from my GP which once i had been in to the surgery and had a grumble was hand delivered the next day! and i posted it off to the firearms dept an got my cert in a few days after that

Northumbria took 7 weeks 2 days 4 hours and 52 minutes - not that I was counting or anything :oops:

16 days is how it should be for all of us.

I renewed my FAC and applied for a coterminus shotgun certificate with an FAC variation from Devon & Cornwall - 3 months exactly

I think we need to distinguish between new applications and renewals.

I renewed my SGC with West Mercia and it took a week. I was told that they were issuing renewals without any home inspection or presumably any check with one's GP although I expect they checked my criminal record in case I'd been done for drink driving or robbing a bank.

However, new applications were taking 4 to 5 months.

Glos Police, 8 weeks for renewal, during which they did communicate informing of a delay, it was my 4th renewal and the longest in terms of weeks

Back