Constabulary-by-Constabulary: how long did it take you to get your ticket?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thames Valley from handing in my application to FEO visit 2 weeks, then certificate landing on the mat just under 2 weeks so all told all done and dusted in a month! Much quicker than I originally thought!

Steve

My wife and I submitted our applications nearly two weeks ago to Dorset Police.  I rang them yesterday to see if I could get some guidance on the siting of the shotgun cabinet.  I was informed that the FAO would be in touch in due course, but it is expected that our applications will take six months to process.  Disappointed to say the least!!!!

6 months?....that is ridiculous. From what I have been told, it's only a couple of phone calls, a brief visit and then an issue of a cert....how does that take 6 months even with a number of applications?

Never had an issue in Berkshire. Maybe because the officer still shoots regularly and therefore gives a toss?

just tried 6 different extensions for the firearms licensing team and no answer from any of them......I'm guessing that is why it takes so long.... :banghead:

All I want to to is get shooting (at) some clays.....

managed to speak with someone.....they said still waiting for internal checks to be completed and it could be anything before 1-4 weeks before this is paased onto the FEO to arrange a visit.... :fie:

might as well go and play golf whilst I am waiting as it looks like it's going to be a few months......

managed to speak with someone.....they said still waiting for internal checks to be completed and it could be anything before 1-4 weeks before this is paased onto the FEO to arrange a visit.... :fie:

might as well go and play golf whilst I am waiting as it looks like it's going to be a few months......
Naah,

Use the club gun but at least practice and enjoy the whilst. :hunter:

Hampshire took 5 months for my new application after i stupidly let it lapse a few years ago! FEO said that as I was an experienced shot keen to get back into the sport i should receive the paperwork within a week. it took another 4 weeks! That was in 2011. I applied for my European Firearms Pass via e-mail this month and got it in a week! Hopefully a good sign that they have improved!

May have been asked before, but how long did it take you to get your SGC once you'd applied for it?

I'll start: Greater Manchester Police - 16 days, from posting it, to having my home interview, to it arriving on the doormat through the post.

You?
Staffordshire Police just over two months from posting to license.

anyone know how long Kent police are taking? I heard 6 months...

Latest posts

Back