Competition - Nerves Or Excitement

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil, how do you stop the nerves/exitment when you have just straighted 9 stands and start counting back the score you will get (sporting).

I try not to do it but still cannot stop a thought of ' if I straight this i will be on 90.

p.s well shot on sunday Hammy

For what it's worth I'd take shooting skill over psyche most of the time. Nothing does as much good for your psychological balance as knowing how to hit stuff in the first place. Psyche is too often used as a crutch when the problem lies elsewhere.
That is a very common use. You of course need the technical experience to shoot at the highest level, not always the technique, but the technical ability. I do agree that some people use it as a crutch, others do need it. I think that shooting at the highest level is 80% mental, using your brain in an effective manner and becoming subconscious in your reactions. When someone starts shooting it is 80% technical and then the percentages change. Essentially you need to tick every box - the top shots have a mental resilience that mental and technical training gives them.

I have a busy weekend ahead compiling a list of thoughts on those questions.

i would like to know about any particular techniques for keeping mental thoughts in the present throughout a round of 25 olympic trap?

i would like to know about any particular techniques for keeping mental thoughts in the present throughout a round of 25 olympic trap?
Good one :D :D

Waiting for the reply........in detail please.

Nearly finished the piece for all you ShootClay`ers, sorry for delay been really busy with clients, the season is here now and it is certainly the main top up time of the year working with clients, making sure everything that we have been training over the closed season is working and if any tweaks are needed. Also be running a great Sporting Day at Ian Coley`s in the coming months for ShootClay members and a Trap one and a Skeet one too - a pure mental skills day for a small group...

Latest posts

Back