cocker spaniel update

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Second session of the day tried her with dummy but no she thinks that's a play thing prob too much like her toy chew things in house. But she did return again with a stick. Going to cut a piece of hose pipe down to stick length see how that works.

Cheers Rosso

Got her to heal and gave a treat when she pulled I called her to heal and gave a treat then did every other time a treat. Early days but did a good fifty yards with a very slack slip lead. Ooh progress is a wonderful feeling.

Ps

Rosso It Want Work on Mrs Rosso I know I have tried with Mrs ips :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Went for a walk across the fields then up a narrow path. Eze was off lead no more than six foot in front at any time no one else around then we spotted a bloke in front with three big dogs off lead. As a matter of courtesy we immediately put lead on and got her to heal. Then we had three very big very barks very unpleasant looking dogs bearing down on us from hundred yards. Owner never moved just called them once. I stood my ground in front of eze and Mrs ips. Three dogs nipping and barking, eze petrified Mrs ips not happy either. I shielded both and pushed one dog away with my knee whilst holding a hand out to the other two. Eventually they got the message and beggered off. Owner carries on walking dogs still off lead no shout of apology no wait to apologise. Luckily for him he disappeared by the time we reached the road or he would have had a severe bollocking. Poor eze wasn't amused. Bloody irresponsible old git of an owner I shall be looking out for you.

Rant over.

UPDATE

ok if anyone is interested with constant email advice from Salopian (of which I am truly grateful) I think the training is coming on ok in fact huge improvement last few days. I am doing at least two sometimes more training sessions per day alternating between my two fields so she gets a change. Cut a white silicone hose down to make a stick as she still thinks dummy is a toy. After a few retrieves or whatever I reward with a play with her ball and occasional food treat when needed.

So she will come to heal before I will throw stick she will retrieve and deliver to my hand then walk to my right and come to heal on my left. Not got her to wait to run out yet but will work on that soon but she will sit and stay while I walk away and drop stick then carry on walking then she will retrieve it on command and deliver to hand. She will stay and return on the whistle and generally quite obedient but has the occasional head strong moment of not returning straight away usually if she is chewing on a stone or brick which is a problem I have yet to stop.

Sleeps from ten till six then it's a bit of a howl to tell us she needs to go out.

Car travel no problem. Pulls occasionally on lead other times very good. Slowly getting her used to gun fire from a distance.

I have no idea what stage I should be at for 8 weeks training a 8 month old but I am pleased with progress and enjoying every minute. Have lost exactly one stone in 8 weeks so must be doing me good.

I dedicate this post to my trainer Mr Salopian.

Cheers Mike. I reckon if someone like you or Salopian trained her she would be fabulous. The problem I have apart from having no idea what I am doing is that I don't know what's a good stage to be at with her.

I take all salops advice mike he has and is helping me and it is very much appreciated I can assure you.

glad you love your doggy,, is this the doggy you will sell before you sell that  flashy Beretta ? :spiteful:   I bet not ,,,

Sounds great mate, and I agree with TD. If you're getting good advice it's best to stick to a single source to avoid confusion. Sounds like you're making great progress and well done on the weight loss. 

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Salopian for all his help and advice thus far.

He has very kindly replied to numerous questions re dog ownership and handling techniques some or rather many of these questions have probably been quite stupid but in my defence I said from beginning I know nowt about dogs. Peter said from the beginning that I could ask his advice at any time and for that I am truly and sincerely greatful.

Thankfully he isn't totally fed up with me yet :)

Cheers Peter.

Er, where are these pictures you promised 5 whole days ago? Eh? Eh?
Get yer finger out man.

Sorry not had opportunity yet but will do.

Honest :)

Not like this chap then :crazy:

post-1838-0-99300000-1426242121.jpg

Attachments

• Dog & son.jpg
    Dog & son.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 0
Sorry not had chance to get current pic but anytime now be hitching new caravan and off for weekend with a shooting friend and his Mrs in there caravan so should have good opportunities for good picture.

I doubt the brand new van will stay brand new looking for long with eze.

Ps

balltrap Please Stay Available For Pic Re Size In Next Couple Of Days. Ta :)

My dog isn't spoilt !!!

post-826-0-75637600-1426966167.jpg

Attachments

• 20150321_170601.jpg
    20150321_170601.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back