Cleaning rods

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I knew about the Cockney Rhyming Slang and my original impression years ago was that it would require far more exposure to assimilate than any conceivable benefit would accrue.  Wonderfully quaint tho, I'm sure.  As to the "yank" biz - personally I could GAF.  Totally lacking any pejorative aspect that I detect (I mean, it's not WW2 anymore) and even if it did still considerably less offensive than a few other national references that come to mind, like the one for the ....... French, say.   :angel:

like the one for the ....... French, say.   :angel:
Grounds keeper Willie style would be " cheese munch'in surrender monkeys "   :)  all though I draw the line at calling "French Fries"... freedom fries just because a government colludes in a huge insurance job ! Although it must be said the French have been major players in some repatriations that have ended in revolutions that have had huge repercussions for the 20th century! .. Ah well it was all done with the best of intentions ... just a shame about the outcomes.

Cockney Rhyming Slang ....   

the ancient language of jovial  chaps reputedly born within the sound of Bow Bells in London  . Popularised by favourite  old U.K. TV shows  like “ The Sweeny “ and “ Only Fools  and Horses”  
Not to mention Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins

.. Ah well it was all done with the best of intentions ... just a shame about the outcomes.
I always have some reservations about those "best of intentions" when government claim that unless of course they actually identify the campaign contributors or government supported industry that is the beneficiary of the "intentions'.  An naturally nothing good ever comes as a consequence of the intentions wherever it is the action takes place.  

I'm from the government.  I'm here to help.

Grounds keeper Willie style would be " cheese munch'in surrender monkeys "   :)  all though I draw the line at calling "French Fries"... freedom fries just because a government colludes in a huge insurance job ! Although it must be said the French have been major players in some repatriations that have ended in revolutions that have had huge repercussions for the 20th century! .. Ah well it was all done with the best of intentions ... just a shame about the outcomes.
Have you heard about the french army’s new tank? It has 7 reverse gears and 1 forward. The forward is in case they get ambushed from behind.

Hey, don't mean squat to me but IIRC there is an admin person that might take some exception as I was severely reprimanded for the simple use of a common term

just sayin'   :lolu:

Back