Cleaning rod

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Napier Shotgun Cleaning Rod 2pc Alloy for 12 Bore Shotguns    Screw a bolt in the end cut the head off  fit to drill

post-2268-0-00246900-1425770680.jpg

Attachments

• P4050043.JPG
    P4050043.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue with my CG. Never had this problem before, always able to clean the chamber/forcing cone/barrels with a squirt of [whatever solvent/cleaner you want to use] and very little effort using a normal 12g brass brush on a rod.

I'm convinced it's the overbore/very long forcing cones.

So I've tried the various suggestions given above and I can confirm that the best option is to leave the solvent/cleaner to soak in for at least 15 minutes, I then use a Payne Galway brush and clean up with a scrunched up kitchen paper towel pushed down the bores with the rod (just be careful when the paper comes out the muzzle, it's makes a right mess)

After a quick run through with a lightly (and I mean lightly) oiled mop, all is once again well in the world :good:

I have the same issue with my CG. Never had this problem before, always able to clean the chamber/forcing cone/barrels with a squirt of [whatever solvent/cleaner you want to use] and very little effort using a normal 12g brass brush on a rod.

I'm convinced it's the overbore/very long forcing cones.

So I've tried the various suggestions given above and I can confirm that the best option is to leave the solvent/cleaner to soak in for at least 15 minutes, I then use a Payne Galway brush and clean up with a scrunched up kitchen paper towel pushed down the bores with the rod (just be careful when the paper comes out the muzzle, it's makes a right mess)

After a quick run through with a lightly (and I mean lightly) oiled mop, all is once again well in the world :good:
i use a empty slab cartridge box .hold barrels just in it best thing.

I can't stand the wooden rods as the wood comes out of the brass ends if you give it any stick so its hardly likely to survive being used in a drill for long

Amazon have got a 2 piece aluminium one here made by Napier.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Napier-Shotgun-Cleaning-Alloy-Shotguns/dp/B008NAO9ZQ

Napier Shotgun Cleaning Rod 2pc Alloy for 12 Bore Shotguns    Screw a bolt in the end cut the head off  fit to drill

attachicon.gif
P4050043.JPG

Back