The awesome "Admin Approved" Barrel Wizard cleaning Rod Group Buy!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skeet UK

I already use paper towel for cleaning and it does a good job, but can be a pain to get it right...enter the Barrel Wizard!

Really long tubes...really short ones? Fack around no more...this one is telscopic!

Matt "Admin" Rutherford, would like to know who would be interested in one of these and hopefully, he will Sticky this thread.

A UK source has been found and they also sell the American fitment brushes, but don't worry...you get a free one with the rod.

Replacement brushes and mops ones are actually cheaper than I have ever seen them in shops too.

RRP is is £41 inc the brush, but it should end up cheaper than that, if enough people are interested.

Other cleaning products may be available as well, so hopefully we could all end up getting nice cheap stuff!

post-812-0-37148800-1347122034.jpg

Attachments

• Shooter's Choice Barrel Wizard.jpg
    Shooter's Choice Barrel Wizard.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see what is so special about this to any other three rod cleaning kit.

One rod with the brush= chamber cleaning tool.

Three rods and brush= full length cleaning tool.

If you can't work out how to roll a piece of kitchen roll to fit tightly in the bore and push it down with the rods??????

Seems a bit expensive compared.

Does it come with the second snap cap? as one is not much use in a double barrelled shot gun

Does it come with the second snap cap? as one is not much use in a double barrelled shot gun
Put rod in bottom barrel,close gun and pull trigger once, take off fore end,lower barrels still on hinge pin, put rod in top barrel,close gun,attach forend, pull trigger again,no need to select using the selector, both firing pins are now in fired position. This procedure can be done with standard snap caps and you can remove them whils storing the gun.

simples

Just buy the brush and adaptor(and a set of snap caps)

Can't see what is so special about this to any other three rod cleaning kit.

One rod with the brush= chamber cleaning tool.

Three rods and brush= full length cleaning tool.

If you can't work out how to roll a piece of kitchen roll to fit tightly in the bore and push it down with the rods??????

Seems a bit expensive compared.
This rod has the rigidity of Ali, the non marking of wood, is telescopic out to 40 inches or can go as short as about 20 inches, so ideal for those with longer barrels, or short ones.

The snap cap is actually an oil container, but you can get an extra snap cap if you like using snap caps.

Conventional split jags are not ideal for pushing paper towel in, the other way is to fold it then push it through with the end of the rod. Because this is captive, you can actually go up and down and polish the bore.

It is designed so that you can store it in your gun, so it is there when you need it, perhaps after a shoot, but does not take up any extra room.

Just incase some of you are unaware at the huge saving on american brush prices look below the, the link shows £2 per bronze brush as oposed to maybe £5 for Bisley etc, also the site says adaptors are available if you have a lot of your own uk thread special brushes you want to continue to use.

http://www.cheshireg...roducts_id=6090
Thanks. Yes the US brushes etc are much cheaper and I think Matt might stock some of these too, so that we can get them at a nice price, whenever.

Nice heads up on the adaptor too, I had been looking for one, but only found a PH one that goes the wrong way!

Matt, can you PIN this thread please?

Those of you have expressed an interest, perhaps drop Matt Admin a PM, so he can make a note.

We need at least 8 to get the best price.

The importer is mainly rifle related, so they do not have this;

post-812-0-66205600-1347147522.jpg

as yet, but should be able to get some in. I use Tetra Gun at the moment, but it smells rank and is pretty messy, but it does do a nice job. This stuff is also designed to remove plastic fouling etc, efficiently.

If anybody has any ideas as to what else they might like to see, post it up here.

Attachments

• shotgunchoke.jpg
    shotgunchoke.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
Best thing you can do is get your cordless drill, open the chuck wide open, stick in your existing cleaning rod and away you go...less elbow grease, and a beter finish...simples!

If you have a three piece rod set dont use more than 2 and first go from the chamber end then turn your barrels round and go in again from the muzzle (if its a 2 piece set use just one). Do not keep the drill going at high speed when withdrawing the brush from the barrel of you and your surroundings will get a lovely covering of filthy dirty gun oil..... YEs I have to agree whats so tricky about rolling up some kitchen roll and pushing it through with a rod? takes about 5 seconds.....

Or don't bother cleaning them at all! Very low maintenance!

Arguably this could be in the "equipment and services" section, one feels

The gunsmith I use said use a 20 bore brush half a paper towel, fold it in half length ways and wrap around the brush and push down the barrel, works a treat.

half of a standard sheet of kitchen towel folded and rolled up makes for a snug fit in the barrel, push it through with a rod...simples...

Try pushing it back and forth though to polish the bore....
If you really need to polish the barrels us a mop.

Stand 1........pull....... pair lost..... bollox my barrels are dirty now.

Does everyone clean there barrels after each shoot, I do mine every couple, am I lazy?? ;-)

Sent from my iFone using Tapatalk

Back