The awesome "Admin Approved" Barrel Wizard cleaning Rod Group Buy!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does everyone clean there barrels after each shoot, I do mine every couple, am I lazy?? ;-)
You are lazy.

Get it cleaned after each time you are out, as you are new to this it will install discipline, if left untouched all the guff in the barrels will fall back onto the breech face and can enter the firing pin holes, chokes need cleaned also.

Once you are at Nicola's frequency of shooting nearly every day then you will know whens right to leave it.

I boresnake it if it gets a bit damp, run a bronze brush in the cordless drill through it every couple of months to get the plastic out and apart from that it gets an oily rag wiped over it and back in the cabinet for next time.

Once in a blue moon the stock comes off and the crud is blown out with the air line and lightly oiled. Cant remember the last time I had a fail to fire that was gun related had a few misfires but they were from fiocchi and rc shells that I was testing, nothing from olympics or Kents :D

You are lazy.

Get it cleaned after each time you are out, as you are new to this it will install discipline, if left untouched all the guff in the barrels will fall back onto the breech face and can enter the firing pin holes, chokes need cleaned also.

Once you are at Nicola's frequency of shooting nearly every day then you will know whens right to leave it.
Point taken ;)

If you really need to polish the barrels us a mop.

Stand 1........pull....... pair lost..... bollox my barrels are dirty now.
Mops don't offer any friction though, they wont polish as such...certainly not a decent fit. I guess it depends on how anal you are about cleaning the plastic etc out of the barrels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mops don't offer any friction though, they wont polish as such...certainly not a decent fit. I guess it depends on how anal you are about cleaning the plastic etc out of the barrels.
As i said as often as the car gets cleaned that may twice a year.

Quick whizz with the brush,roll up kitchen towel shove through with rod,deffffffffffffffffffinately, no ***kin polishing,and that goes for the car as well.

As i said as often as the car gets cleaned that may twice a year.

Quick whizz with the brush,roll up kitchen towel shove through with rod,deffffffffffffffffffinately, no ***kin polishing,and that goes for the car as well.
Yeah, its all good...its a personal thing really, I suppose. :)

After reading this thread i think someone ought to put up a sticky on HOW to clean and maintain a gun properly. I do mine after EVERY outing without fail. As they say, look after your tools and they will look after you.

Another gimmic from America!

Cartridges are cleaner nowadays, Napier barrel cleaner on kitchen roll is superb once a month, shifts everything.

Save your money and do it yourself!

Or get TipTop to do it for you when he's cleaning his motor!

Back