Clay Shooting Classic - EJ Churchills

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New target setter and its going to be summer Clynt. Late entries available mate!
last years setter aint no mug mind ? struggling at the moment suffering with a cracked rib, may just see after looking at the scores but certain targets really give me rib some stick, shot alot of 24g mondials Sunday but anything pulling right f**kin painful.

heard Ben is doing it ...so there may be some light at the end of the tunnel ? 

Last year was very tough. Hope it's a touch fairer this year. I know Ben was vocally critical last year, probably why he got the gig.

Might be a long day with a bad rib.. Needs to be enjoyable..

Well everyone, Not much time remains before all of the anticipation and speculation will be confirmed. Lets hope for fair targets, great weather and good organisation!

GOOD LUCK to everyone who is shooting the Classic.

For those of you that are in with a chance especially Good Luck, for those of you like Vika and I that are there primarily for the experience - ENJOY.

It's services day today, so perhaps somebody will post on here to enlighten us as to their experience.

Scores will be posted each night I'm told.

Rob at EJC tells me it has started really well with 'People loving it, gorgeous weather and great targets. Best yet'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a couple of the guys who shot today , scores look spot on , can't wait :biggrin:

Looking forward to this sounds great and just up the road.

Shot it last year ,the most wet i think Ive ever been...

see you there Wil 11.30 for me too.

Nice shout mate. Good investment. Sorry I got the dates wrong.

Not long till the Wye opens for you and the Chipper.

day off tomorrow, Tench hunting again mate.

work Thursday, Classic Friday.

Will take on board what you said at Gunsite.
Can't wait for Some fishing on the Wye for Mr Barbel Stew & also shooting classic Sat, shot it last year really didn't enjoy it but was shooting like a co@k then

I shot it today, great targets, we started as a 4 man squad at 7 no one in front finished in 1hr 15, then a a equally quick afternoon round but I run out of steam after a 5:30 start and a 2:30 drive down. All in all pleased with a 108 as just starting to shoot gun down so a good practise round!

Nothing silly and the 'good' lads showed their class in the afternoon on our squad and put some decent scores on the blue.

Enjoy!

just back from classic shot 115 had bad day nothing seemed to work , not much feel for it but at least the sun is shining

shoot well everyone

steve

just back from classic shot 115 had bad day nothing seemed to work , not much feel for it but at least the sun is shining

shoot well everyone

steve
Take heart. It was 116! A few good names under the 125..

Steve, what was the nature of it? Big stuff on red, closer on Blue? Or a mix?

Nothing really big , a lot of quartering rolling targets into ground , lots of white targets over the road , I guess it's the old speed and angles thing

Some crossers tricky as they were running out of power where you wanted to hit them

But as I said not my day too tired and busy for that amount of concentration

Nothing really big , a lot of quartering rolling targets into ground , lots of white targets over the road , I guess it's the old speed and angles thing
Some crossers tricky as they were running out of power where you wanted to hit them
But as I said not my day too tired and busy for that amount of concentration
How you shoot like you do steve and still set up ya own shoots etc I take me hat off to ya, well done mate..spoke to mark who shot Wednesday for police and he said a course for concentration but fair course this year...

Good luck to eveyone going...also good luck lord sandy and stalker sleepy. See ya soon lads.

Just returned.

I have to say that I am knackered. Only 150 shots but that's 50 different targets to study and watch being shot; before you pull your own trigger.

As ever, the organisation and catering all ran very smoothly. No hold ups on the grounds at all for us. Fruit and water available (FOC) on the course. Weather was pleasant with no bright sun, so no excuses there!

Overall, a very good shoot. The Red course was great with fewer long-lottery targets than last year; but enough rangey stuff to keep it feeling impressive. Mainly technical birds, with a lot of stuff slowing up that you could overlead.

The blue course shot a touch easier for most folk. If I have a criticism it would be that it felt a bit unadventurous in places (to a regular). But there were plenty of new stands too, so cant really complain. We started on stand 5, which was tough and I was first up. Hit the first pair then my phone rang. I never hit the first bird again. Lesson to stupid self..

I had hoped to have a score of 120 minimum (80%) and narrowly failed to achieve it. Too many sloppy misses, which get punished hard on mostly 3 pair stands. I hit 58 on Red and 60 on Blue, which felt like a missed opportunity.

Notable performance by GavB on the red with 60! Superb. His Blue didn't quite match it but a great effort.

A good day though. Enjoy it tomorrow everyone.

Just returned myself. A lovely day out with a nice friendly squad of 50/50 English/Français.

Manged to pick out the odd expletive from my French GCSE days but I think a good time was had by all.

Good mix of very close and pretty far so something for everyone. For me I think 140 will take some beating....

Latest posts

Back