Clay Shooting Classic - EJ Churchills

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's official we have had confirmation that we are booked in for Saturday morning 09:00 in squad 121. ANyone else from ShotClay shooting at that time? I notice Jason is at the same time, what squad are you on?

Like Jason this is our first ever event of this size, I guess a bit overwhelming at our level but we are really looking forward to it. :fie:

If any one spots us two lost souls please say hi  :biggrin:
You will be fine. Because you are on a squad and its all scheduled, you will have less folk stood watching you than at a normal shoot mostly. Remember it's for fun, give it a go and enjoy it. (Unless I hit 50% on Friday. Then, don't go. Spend the day in a pub instead.. :) )

Well, it's official we have had confirmation that we are booked in for Saturday morning 09:00 in squad 121. ANyone else from ShotClay shooting at that time? I notice Jason is at the same time, what squad are you on?

Like Jason this is our first ever event of this size, I guess a bit overwhelming at our level but we are really looking forward to it. :fie:

If any one spots us two lost souls please say hi  :biggrin:
I am squad 120 I think.

I'm a glutton for punishment for these big shoots. Shot really well on Blue last year then missed almost everything on Red. Heading back for more pain this year.

I'm shooting it Friday at 11.30. So if anyone sees a miserable looking wench wearing mainly black and headphones, slap my arse and say hello

I'm a glutton for punishment for these big shoots. Shot really well on Blue last year then missed almost everything on Red. Heading back for more pain this year.
I'm shooting it Friday at 11.30. So if anyone sees a miserable looking wench wearing mainly black and headphones, slap my arse and say hello
I shot on the same squad as you last year.what ever you do don't have the same for lunch as last year and you may win,good luck

If there is a visiting ensemble of lady shooters from the Middle East, this could go really badly chaps.. Note Gnashers burka is BLUE

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to know your setting the pace Will.

Looked at the weather for Friday, might set a little stall up selling suncream.

Myself and the Wylye sandbagger Mr Tiptop are in at 11.30.

Looking forward to it, first time for us.

Do you have a break half way or is it full on filling the sky with lead?

nice to know your setting the pace Will.

Looked at the weather for Friday, might set a little stall up selling suncream.

Myself and the Wylye sandbagger Mr Tiptop are in at 11.30.

Looking forward to it, first time for us.

Do you have a break half way or is it full on filling the sky with lead?
Sun cream, ice cream, you'll make a killing. I'll have a 99 please.

Two courses, 75 birds each. One at the shooting ground (although they use lots of different places to shoot from usually) and one on the estate. Decent lunch facilities and enough time between.

Really looking forward to this, especially with the forecast!

I'm there with Wayne at 11.30 Friday, see you boys there! Really looking forward to shooting in the sun again, got a taste for it over the last 2 weekends :)

Should be a good day with good friends.

Look forward to meeting some of you guys in person off the forum.

Those days at Westfield & Windrush at 2 degrees in January are just a distant memory.

But still thanks to Ali & Steve for still setting up the shoots in the worst weather.

stew

Do you mean you have got over the sleepless nights and violent shakes after leaving us stew . Be careful if it's a classic of old they might return and also might wills 99 !!!!!!!!!!

Ask ed he will tell you

Sleep tight and peacefully ( while you can )

Steve

Do you mean you have got over the sleepless nights and violent shakes after leaving us stew . Be careful if it's a classic of old they might return and also might wills 99 !!!!!!!!!!

Ask ed he will tell you

Steve
A 99 is nice, with a flake. I hope to hit more than 99 though..

Forecast looks like 3 warm sunny days with mild wind speed. Is this really the UK?

Ask ed he will tell you

Steve
All I've heard about last year was Clynts version of a mud bath!

A 99 is nice, with a flake. I hope to hit more than 99 though..

Forecast looks like 3 warm sunny days with mild wind speed. Is this really the UK?
make the most of it mate, have you seen the floods in Europe on the news!

All I've heard about last year was Clynts version of a mud bath!
that was not last year Stew it was the year before ...... learnt my lesson now  it's not what it was!!!!! so you all have a nice time and enjoy the day out, saving my £89 and buying a new Barbel rod.

that was not last year Stew it was the year before ...... learnt my lesson now  it's not what it was!!!!! so you all have a nice time and enjoy the day out, saving my £89 and buying a new Barbel rod.
New target setter and its going to be summer Clynt. Late entries available mate!

Nice shout mate. Good investment. Sorry I got the dates wrong.

Not long till the Wye opens for you and the Chipper.

day off tomorrow, Tench hunting again mate.

work Thursday, Classic Friday.

Will take on board what you said at Gunsite.

Latest posts

Back