Clay Pigeon Shooting Association

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have nothing to hide or have a need to "get a grip" and did not say anything about not being correct and true. "rest of the info"!!
So being correct and true to the point i was making how can it be misleading?

I didn't say you had anything to hide just making it clear who you are for the sake of "Transparency"

As for the "rest of the info" there is plenty out there that shows the board and some if its directors behaviour in a very poor light and the associations efforts to bury the truth rather than come clean.

So i will try asking you as the Operations Manager can you supply me with the details of our wonderful CRM database (i don't need to be told its called Merlin or what CRM means) and a breakdown of the legal/professional costs incurred by the association over the last 5 years?

The existence of the CTSA as a dormant company is no big deal.  If there was a move to change the name years ago then that name had to be secured for the Association's benefit, in advance!  If, talking hypothetically, the vote had been to change the name all those years ago you would all have castigated the directors if they had not secured the name first.  That dormant company just sits in the background and prevents anyone else from using it.  If this was decided by the CPSA all those years ago and minuted then it belongs to the CPSA and not to the people who registered it.  They hold it in trust for the CPSA. 

If one region suggested the name change again then its worth seeing if they were on their own or if this was representative of every region.  It seems that the SW were against but who knows how it is elsewhere?  Once soundings have been taken if there is a general anti feeling then it will be put back into the cupboard again for another decade or two until the idea resurfaces again.  

Its the sport that is important and not the name in my humble opinion!

For example the small-bore target shooting association that represents .22 cartridge rifle, .22 pistol, .177 rifle and pistol and crossbow is called the National Small-bore Rifle Association of all things due to history going back over 100 years.  We have just taken the momentous decision to change the name of our magazine from The Rifleman to On Target!  

If it was me and starting it now with a clean sheet of paper I'd probably suggest calling it the Clay Target Sports Association thus dropping both pigeon and shooting!

However we are where we are and the cost to change just does not justify any potential benefits in my view.

Simply busy with higher priorities.
For the last year or so?...Is that just you or everyone i have asked?

It seems there is always a struggle to find time for the facts when it may not be in the best interests of a given party to reveal them.

Funny as a member of the CPSA i thought i might be entitled to such information ....i guess not then?

For the last year or so?...Is that just you or everyone i have asked?

It seems there is always a struggle to find time for the facts when it may not be in the best interests of a given party to reveal them.

Funny as a member of the CPSA i thought i might be entitled to such information ....i guess not then?
Well Mark, you can now speak to our old mate Nicola Heron, as she's now a National Director! I'm sure she will give you a straight answer mate. ?

Well Mark, you can now speak to our old mate Nicola Heron, as she's now a National Director! I'm sure she will give you a straight answer mate. ?
Looking forward to this..lets hope other directors can be civil this time and not cost us a fortune.

One of our other directors seems to be able to create legal costs at will!

Back