Clay Pigeon Shooting Association

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salopian

As the title suggests that is what our association is called.

There are now moves afoot from HQ to have the name changed to Clay Target Shooting Association to become more PC and hopefully to attract more members.

If the general public have not got the sense to realise that a clay target is inanimate I think we could be better off without them.

Interestingly at The West Midlands CPSA AGM where this was brought up by a CPSA Director only two of us resisted change, others could not be bothered.

This has been debated and voted on before , why must we debate it again , at considerable cost to the association?

Because HO don't feel there achieving anything unless they piss around wasting our funds on things that are of no useful purpose to the members...

Still wating on live scoring apparently something we couldn't live without but still do not have although it was paid for ages ago!

I do not wish to be politically f***ing correct to please do gooder dickheads and Antis!

They will not be happy untill they have turned the CPSA into what they want it to be...not what the members want it to be, giving up our rights and probably bankrupting it in the process.

It is about time there was a vote of no confidence in the board!!  :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's disgusting that these clay "things" are thrown from a "trap". Surely this vile term isn't right today and reflects upon the sad history of not only when poor birds were trapped to be released and shot, but on a wider animal rights abuse subject. I for one will not be "caged" and herein refuse to shoot at any ground that does not now refer to these devices as "clay target launch mechanisms". 

Wait.. is it alright to say you "killed" a clay target? As long as it's not a clay pigeon? Oh I'm confused now..

Strictly speaking they are pitch and limestone

And 'shooting' is non PC.

so Pitch Target Breaking Association might be better.

as for traps or launchers perhaps we should go for pitch target pitchers?

:) :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's disgusting that these clay "things" are thrown from a "trap". Surely this vile term isn't right today and reflects upon the sad history of not only when poor birds were trapped to be released and shot, but on a wider animal rights abuse subject. I for one will not be "caged" and herein refuse to shoot at any ground that does not now refer to these devices as "clay target launch mechanisms". 

Wait.. is it alright to say you "killed" a clay target? As long as it's not a clay pigeon? Oh I'm confused now..
I concur. Hence why I leave some of the innocent clays the chance to live a free range life once they've escaped the traps....

Coming from the potteries and having spent all my working life in the ceramic industry I personally object to the objectification of 'clay'......clay is a fine, naturally occurring material from which artisans and craftsmen (and women) throughout history have created some of the finest works if art.

But I'll probably get over it.

St  evrictly speaking they are pat alland limestone

And 'shootin g' is non PC.

Pitch is being banned in olympic discaplines so not pc atall,and will in the end no doubt be replased by resin everywhere.

Strictly speaking they are pitch and limestone

And 'shooting' is non PC.

Fecking genius! I will now refer to them as "pitch target pitchers".

What`s really required is a CPSA launcher to fire the lot of them where they belong!

Surely there could be a better organisation than that shower .It`s been a joke for the last 40 yrs that I can remember.

Pitch is being banned in olympic discaplines so not pc atall,and will in the end no doubt be replased by resin everywhere.
Well perhaps once someone can work out the right composition. Damned demo ones I saw being tested 6 months ago seem to be unbreakable! :) :)  

The corsivia ones i shot at a couple of weeks ago left a very nice white dust cloud behind when hit,and cant remember any no birds.The vivaz ones are just as good,dont think ive shot euro target  ones though.

What`s really required is a CPSA launcher to fire the lot of them where they belong!

Surely there could be a better organisation than that shower .It`s been a joke for the last 40 yrs that I can remember.
Charming, nice to know the Staff are appreciated!

Im sure i heard we could join the american equivalent and still shoot/scores recorded over here, lets bugger em off and let them debate that loss of revenue.

Apparently no. when reffing at a championship I was rebuked by a director for saying "kill", it is "scored" or lost. I suggested they might like to replace me but the offer was not taken up

Im sure i heard we could join the american equivalent and still shoot/scores recorded over here, lets bugger em off and let them debate that loss of revenue.
Scores from other associations (except some ICTSC Countries) would not be recorded by CPSA. i.e. an American association member taking part in a registered shoot would not  have scores recorded at HQ. 

Charming, nice to know the Staff are appreciated!
You want to be paid and appreciated??

Then get NF to pull his finger out of his ass and do what the membership want....not what he wants!

If you can manage that i will vote for a raise for you...in fact would you like his job because i would like you to have it!

Richard, have no doubts, the staff certainly are appreciated, it is just these never ending recycled junk that T's me off . We debated this change of name years ago and the majority decided not to do it. Do we really need to jump these hurdles again at considerable expense to the association and the even greater expense if we did change names that would be incurred with rebadging and all the associated paraphinalia?

We are a Clay Pigeon shooting sport , let's just get on with what we are good at.

Back