Classifications are on CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My word Shaun the things you sporters have to endure never ceases to amaze me :)
If only you knew Ian and God forgive you never have to suffer as we do... Swooning and waxing of a mans derriere have no place in the same sentence Robert. :fie:

Finally got into A for Sporting.
B for Sporttrap
C for Compak
D for Fitasc

Last edited by a moderator:
Got it in one Ian! unlike trap shooters who shoot under cover us hedge monkeys shoot in the pouring rain if need be so Ar$e waxing is essential to allow water a safe back passage away from the body :biggrin:
Do you use raw beeswax or that special stuff the surfers use to make their boards go quicker? I think I've seen a brand called "sexwax" so that sounds a possibility?

The CPSA website is a good stats tool these days (compared to a few years ago at least). "Rankings" shows the position of every shooter in the county. I've managed my best position in that yet.

It's a good way to quickly see all averages for your counties shooters too; if you are that nosey..

Agreed and if you filter enough things you can get even higher up the rankings ;)

The CPSA website is a good stats tool these days (compared to a few years ago at least). "Rankings" shows the position of every shooter in the county. I've managed my best position in that yet.

It's a good way to quickly see all averages for your counties shooters too; if you are that nosey..
That is a cool feature,

It seems I have shot the most raw targets (in the past year I guess?) in dtl in Lancashire! 5450

Surely I must get some sort of.. endurance award or something?

In the whole country for dtl, for shooters with over 4600 targets shot (after adjustment), Im rank 56 on that table. Thats almost top 50. Wow.

(Of course, there are only 56 shooters on that particular table, but still..)

Wow you did some shooting last year rob.

Yes it's fun to filter. Set England senior then the amount of targets you shot and it's suprising how good we all are :)

Incidentally I don't think anyone should show in the rankings with less than 600 my reason being that's a reg shoot in that discipline every other month any less than that and your not serious. Of course top twenty is another matter as that is a min targets shot from at least three grounds so that is imo a fare ranking system, or is it ;)

That is a cool feature,

It seems I have shot the most raw targets (in the past year I guess?) in dtl in Lancashire! 5450

Surely I must get some sort of.. endurance award or something?

In the whole country for dtl, for shooters with over 4600 targets shot (after adjustment), Im rank 56 on that table. Thats almost top 50. Wow.

(Of course, there are only 56 shooters on that particular table, but still..)
ESP over 300 targets shot come up as no.82 - over 1000 targets as no. 71 - I'll take that.  :D

And if we could filter out folk with different hair colour and weight etc we could be best in country :)

This filter is great to play with but it does raise some serious issues in terms of the number of shooters and in particular, junior and colt shooters who are shooting the faster trap disciplines.

If you look at juniors + colts nationally then the numbers who shot at least 100 targets are as follows;

ABT 56, UT 25 and OT 41. 

Obviously lots of 'try it once or twice' numbers in there so if we filter out all those who have shot 200 targets or less the remaining numbers are quite concerning.

ABT 11, UT 9 and OT 12.

When you consider that at least 7 of those names appear in two or even all three disciplines it becomes even more concerning. 

Filtering out the committed shooters (those that shoot 600 targets and above (a few comps and maybe a selection shoot) then we are down to;

ABT 6, UT 5 and OT 7. This includes girls and boys!

Add the fact that at least two of the names that appear in all three disciplines are moving up to Seniors this year and it does not make good reading at all.

DT

How about we get all the traps on those layouts and move them to the side? Maybe stick one or two up a tower? Perhaps put one 80 yards out and get it throwing the targets in at a curling angle. This would be then known as Super Interesting Trap. (Or Sporting). :)

How about we get all the traps on those layouts and move them to the side? Maybe stick one or two up a tower? Perhaps put one 80 yards out and get it throwing the targets in at a curling angle. This would be then known as Super Interesting Trap. (Or Sporting). :)
I had no idea you were so brave Will.  That's the kind of thoughts that are in my head but I daren't utter them out loud.   Bravo!   :sarcastic:

Seems an awful waste of traps, I mean 15 all in one short line doing the same thing. What's that all about???? 

Yeah, yeah, we all know Sporting is the panacea. Only some us don't like shooting in the rain and walking miles along muddy tracks to shoot the same target 10 times in a row.

Vive la difference is what I say :)

DT

What DT is trying to sat is anything other than fast trap is rubbish :)

Back