Classifications are on CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why does all your CPSA monies go to 23 people in Olympic Disciplines ? we cant even watch it on telly :hunter:

Yeah, yeah, we all know Sporting is the panacea. Only some us don't like shooting in the rain and walking miles along muddy tracks to shoot the same target 10 times in a row.

Vive la difference is what I say :)

DT
Its not always 5 pairs, we mix it up a bit and have 4 pairs, 3 pairs, sometimes crazy course setters set off 3 targets and you have to choose 2 targets to shoot - I loved that by the way so exciting.  Sometimes we don't say pull and they set off the targets when we close the gun........

So why does all your CPSA monies go to 23 people in Olympic Disciplines ? we cant even watch it on telly :hunter:
Is it because the whole world watches The Olympics, right across the globe, although only once every 4 years. Fairly large captive audience perhaps, and massive advertising potential.

Don't think I've ever seen The British open Sporting, World FITASC Sporting or anything like that (no matter how popular this discipline is) on mainstream TV. Thankfully we have the likes of Ben Wells and Phil Coley or we would not see it at all?

One day, and it will happen (but probably not in my lifetime) the people who make these decisions will realise what a huge untapped audience they have out there. Things are changing, but they are painfully slow to happen.  :biggrin:

Perhaps these new "Games" we keep hearing about will become more "televisual" and kick something off.  I hope so! :biggrin:

Yeah, yeah, we all know Sporting is the panacea. Only some us don't like shooting in the rain and walking miles along muddy tracks to shoot the same target 10 times in a row.

Vive la difference is what I say :)

DT
No, my plan is to stay under the nice dry cover of course. Comfort bunny! :)

This filter is great to play with but it does raise some serious issues in terms of the number of shooters and in particular, junior and colt shooters who are shooting the faster trap disciplines.

If you look at juniors + colts nationally then the numbers who shot at least 100 targets are as follows;

ABT 56, UT 25 and OT 41. 

Obviously lots of 'try it once or twice' numbers in there so if we filter out all those who have shot 200 targets or less the remaining numbers are quite concerning.

ABT 11, UT 9 and OT 12.

When you consider that at least 7 of those names appear in two or even all three disciplines it becomes even more concerning. 

Filtering out the committed shooters (those that shoot 600 targets and above (a few comps and maybe a selection shoot) then we are down to;

ABT 6, UT 5 and OT 7. This includes girls and boys!

Add the fact that at least two of the names that appear in all three disciplines are moving up to Seniors this year and it does not make good reading at all.

DT

OT, filter senior, all classes all counties and 215 shooters listed but then filter 200 targets or above and only 100 of us listed, filter 500 targets which is a minimum amount for anyone truly commited and wow 55 of us listed. So it would appear that many folk have a go then are never seen again !!

I Suspect accessibility to good grounds holding events is the draw back, any weekend I can shoot sporting within 30 mile radius, as for ABT, UT,  OT, much, much further out and it takes a long time to complete. Shame though they are quite fun.

I think you are correct there Eddie that and the fact that ot scares the bejesus out of many. Possibly even an elitist view by some stops them having a go and or coming back.

And lots of people do not always shoot competition.

I ping hundreds away on OT on practice days and rarely get to any OT competitions.

Stats.......love em or hate em :laugh:

But it is a nice tool to play with if just looking at registered shoots.

Very true nic I shoot at least 5000 non reg ot targets and about 1000 reg.

I'll usually shoot two or three hundred practice over the weekend at NCSC and a hundred reg if it's fairly local when I feel like it, but I'm done with travelling all those miles to shoot 100 reg's and the BICTSF shoots - especially when they put them on too early in the year so we get the bad weather.

It will be less tiresome getting a flight from heathrow (30 mins from me) and shooting in spain in that new feral cat thingy which is what i'm going to do now. 

Back