Ceasar Guerini - Opinions

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes Mike I's not disagreeing with what you say about selling a Blaser but this topic started about buying a gun and which one to buy -- as they say !it's a buyer's market" ! Nige

Mike said:

I am being polite here Nicola, a service is given when parts need replacing on a regular basis. Krieghoff and Blaser are expected to be serviced every 12 month's.It must be a German idea. :eek:I take it that your main gun is of Japanese origin?---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Perazzi's mainly now and I was honestly being serious if not a tad jokey, you see in 25+ years I have never had any of my guns serviced, ever!!! They are all in perfect working order including the Mirks and Brownings (I presume these are the Jap's you are referring to?).The only time any of them see a gunsmith is if something needs replacing or altering/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif, (firing pin, spring, recoil pad, chop a bit of here or add a bit there type stuff). I never trade in guns and rarely sell them.........I am a keeper.So service.........what is that?/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-kiss.gif

the link brings this up "The requested topic does not exist."as I worked in a Blaser/Kreighoff dealership I know from haveing my own Blaser's serviced + they send you all the old bits back so you can see what they've done./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

You're not wrong Nigel, but I don't know why it didn't show it though. My concern was when I had a Blaser, was why all the parts need replacing./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif

the reason they told me was they were upgrading the stickin top leaver issue and updating the barrel selector other than that nothing else had to be done to my guns, other than paying for a service the other was free for parts and labour, I have to say even though I still have a Blaser I like it almost as much as I like my Perazzi, Perazzi are renowned for their triggers but any of the 3 Blaser's I've had have had brilliant triggers too - they weighed in at 3lb & 3.2lb so pretty light, One thing that makes the Perazzi great is the balance -- it's fantastic, so many people have commented how light it is even though it weighs 8.4lb.  I'd have no hesitation in buyin  another Blaser but I don't think that will ever happen now Mr. P is here./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif

Hi all i have been reading your posts on various guns i have been around this game a long time and i would guess i have owned them all at some time(but never a blaser) so i cant comment on the gun. Idid own a DT10 for a while my opinion of this gun like shooting an oak post i know they do well in comps but not for me the only one i liked in this make was the  SO4 i shoot it for years a good gun. I have to say i am the world worst person to own a gun as i never clean them i might wipe it over if its been out in the rain and i make sure the chokes are always free but servicing and cleaning them no i dont do it to old and to lazy. How ever 7 years ago i was shooting a DT10 and a mate who shoot in the GB fitas team told me he had recently shoot a ZOLI and liked it so i went to the main importer up north traded in the oak post and orded a ZOLI CLUB upgraded timber they took all my needs drop at comb, cast, length, sent it to italy 7 weeks later it arrived superb for a bespoke gun 7 years ago cost me £ 3.400 , I have put many thousands of shells through the gun it hasnt missed a beat and i am not proud to say but no it hasnt been cleaned. I would say to you go to a shooting ground which has a gun shop and try all these different makes of guns then make up your mind ,But if you are like the rest of us what ever gun you shoot it wont be long before you get itchy fingers and you want a change be lucky all shoot well. Lefty

hey Lefty welcome to Shoot Clay, nice to have you here and we hope you like it & will join the otters, Oh btw have you not heard of a bore snake /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif Nigel

A flipping Bore Snake!!!   If you're going to clean a gun do it properly /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif Bore Snake's need to be carried around in their own personal bag or everything they touch end up filthy, and I've never used one in my life so I most likely will be wrong...never mind though. My DT10 is well balanced, it even has lead in the stock, I presume this was "factory fitted" and handles nicely. So I don't class it as a "fence post", as we say up here. When Fawcetts started importing Zoli's I went for a look, these were the first one's mind and they were all to "trappy" for me. At the end of the day buy what you like but longevity is a must in a competition gun.

Hi all have used a guerini for a few years now cant give it any faults for reliability never missed a beat nice piece of wood and still looks good, could afford more expensive gun if i wanted but it fits me quite well and as most people know that aint the answer to shoot better. A lot of nice guns available my humble advice is pick up as many as you can,  i think you just know when you pick up the right one .Then buy it and believe in it.

Thanks for the welcome nige. A bore snake is that a machine thats put down a drain when its bloked or is it one of those barrell cleaners that no one ever changes and in the end after months of use or years of the same they leave more filth in the barrel than a cartridge. Listen to me a comment from one who doesnt bother to clean guns but if i did it wouldnt be with a bore snake. Sorry if i offended anyone calling a DT10 a fence post i didnt mean to offend but thats what it felt like to me to rigid but if we all liked the same thing it would be a boring world wouldnt it shoot well be lucky Lefty

New guy here so be gentle. Bought one of the first Ceasars to come into Canada a 28ga loved it and shot it a lot, even sent it back for a pit stop tune up that they have in States they paid for shipping both ways. Was going to buy 20ga but then I got a deal on a Zoli Z sport 20/28 combo which I think is a better gun. I also have a DT10 with close to 100,000 rounds through it, would I buy another one very much doubt it. With less than 40,000 rounds fired the action started to open when firing top barrel, Coles gunsmithing fixed that am sending back to him this winter because it is happening again, a common problem with them. A Miroku M38 trap is probably going to be my next gun, unless I can afford a new Kemen. Anyway in answering your question Caesars are worth the money but really gunfit is more important in my opinion.                                                       Take Care Pedler

The DT10 thing you mention hasn`t  really been an issue over here Pedler, I believe it affected the very early guns which were first released into NA. Something to do with the wrong grade of steel being used in the wrong area, seems to have been fixed pretty quickly once spotted. I agree the Zoli is a pretty fine gun, a little rough around the edges spec wise but they could easily have avoided that had they asked me first /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif. I`ve not yet shot a CG but really fancy the look of them, especially the ones with the sideplates. Wouldn`t mind one without the girly Schnabel fore-end and a nice trappy stock/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif.

Hamster said:

Wouldn`t mind one without the girly Schnabel fore-end and a nice trappy stock/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif. sounds like a trap gun you want then not like Ian's Maxum sporter  Nige/wp-content/forum-image-uploads/nigel/17082011329.jpg

Hamster           You maybe correct about early DT10 being imported to North America having problems, the only thing is though I imported from UK. The Zoli I have was made for U.S. shot show so it looks pretty good and has Teague chokes, the 28ga barrel was fitted later and has Briley ext chokes which I am not fond of, reason being that they have a large bell mouth at beginning of choke where bore finishes and choke starts so you get a lot of plastic fouling.          Take Care Pedler

My DT10L openned up last year at the Orvis Cup during one of my better rounds. Anderson of Beretta Gallery was there but could not take the gun, Felony for an out of state gun! Finaly, Stoeger (Beretta Canada) took care of the problem by sending it back to Italy and the original (2004) gunsmith that made mine. It arrived No CHARGE four months later. I usualy hold the the lever while slowly closing the action. I have done this for many years on all my shotguns. They advised me that it is a no-no on the DT10. The action does not sit well and cause premature wear. Will Fennell had over 100K when he had his DT10 fixed. They modify the lugs by adding more metal, change the spring and replace the plastic bushing with something better. At the Lobster in RI, I had the lower barrel not firing, also during a very good run in the main event! Rich Cole looked at it and mentioned the lower sear was rounded. $103 and a week and it works fine. I have not cleanned the gun since 2004. Mario from Beretta Italy, took it apart at this year's world after I got caught in 1 1/2 inch 2 hour rain on my last parcour. It was the first DT10L in Canada. They gave me a choice of a DT10EELL with 30 inch barrels or the DT10L with 32. I took the the 32. I paid peanuts as Beretta owned me some funds for doing their technical sales meetings. My 2003 391 Optima Gold Sporter has never been cleanned! It is used during lousy weather and for hunting. BreakFree is the trick! I will have ot take pics and post! UGLY inside! The Lone Canadian,Henry/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif

Hamster said:-' The DT10 thing you mention hasn`t  really been an issue over here Pedler, I believe it affected the very early guns which were first released into NA. Something to do with the wrong grade of steel being used in the wrong area, seems to have been fixed pretty quickly once spotted.'Hamster, With respect I suggest you get your facts correct before making comments like the above, that is your experience that you are talking about.Facts are:- Beretta DT10 in my experience have had problems with jumping open after first barrel firing, poor soldered joint between barrels and monobloc, trigger group falling out, double discharge (regular occurance), failures in the adjustable comb mechanism.DT10's you either love them, and many do, or you have a problem gun and hate them. Henry,I have seen the photographs of your 391, not very pretty, but testament to the reliability of Beretta auto's.Most of us over here lavish care, cleanliness and maintenance on our guns.Your treatment is bordering on child abuse, but if it works! As the Ozzies would say 'If it aint broke, why fix it?'

Beretta are well aware of the problems and causes of the early guns, I have read on Shotgunworld that it's possible to tell the faulty guns from the good ones, something to do with the word Beretta being present in capital letters under the action?! 

Hamster said:

The DT10 thing you mention hasn`t  really been an issue over here Pedler, I believe it affected the very early guns which were first released into NA. Something to do with the wrong grade of steel being used in the wrong area, seems to have been fixed pretty quickly once spotted. I agree the Zoli is a pretty fine gun, a little rough around the edges spec wise but they could easily have avoided that had they asked me first /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-cool.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif. I`ve not yet shot a CG but really fancy the look of them, especially the ones with the sideplates. Wouldn`t mind one without the girly Schnabel fore-end and a nice trappy stock/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif.
Hammy - Mine had exactly this problem and so do at least 2 other people that I know.

If the DT10 Trap gun was equipped with barrel selectors I`d have bought a 2nd hand one by now. The fact remains that the gun did have early issues but these were resolved in later guns.There aren`t many makes or models that are completely free from gremlins, so it`s only fair to mention there are many thousands of these here and abroad being used weekly without any problems.

Back