Cartridge choice

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normal practice is price for 250, 500, 750, 1000 decreases pro rata
I'm shooting around 750 per month so if I bought by the slab I may as well get a job in there as I'd be visiting so often  :laugh:

Edit - interesting you use Just Cartridges as a baseline, every single time I've checked their prices against local shops they've been more expensive - and that's not taking into account delivery fees etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm shooting around 750 per month so if I bought by the slab I may as well get a job in there as I'd be visiting so often  :laugh:

Edit - interesting you use Just Cartridges as a baseline, every single time I've checked their prices against local shops they've been more expensive - and that's not taking into account delivery fees etc. 
They are. But consistently, so you can see what you should expect elsewhere, about 2-5% cheaper. I very rarely buy from them..

Hi been using eley select cartrides 28g size 8 shot but soon in market to top up supply but was thinking of trying something new, not interested in spending silly money but happy to try mid range price. Got to be in fibre to, look forward to hear any recommendations thankyou.
I usually use plastic wads these days but would be happy to use Lyalvale English Sporter F/Wad any day of the week, I was checking prices today:

Solware £193.70/1000 + £16 carriage/1000

Forge Farm £201.15/1000 collect (Bordon/Farnham Hants area)

Just Cartridges £199.50/1000 + £15 carriage/1000

Think they said about £196/7 for 1000 but as already mentioned, presume that's for fibre, hence the cheaper plastic price. Everywhere I shoot is fibre only so can't be arsed to look for anything else on the offchance.

I went into the gun shop at AGL today as after some Express Power Golds. They wanted £240 / 1000 for plastics which is £14 more than JC sell them for. Seemed a bit confused when I said thats steep, I’ll leave it thanks 🤔

I went into the gun shop at AGL today as after some Express Power Golds. They wanted £240 / 1000 for plastics which is £14 more than JC sell them for. Seemed a bit confused when I said thats steep, I’ll leave it thanks 🤔

Gamebore  Super Gems if you can get to Mid Wales Shooting ground.

White gold without the diamond shot and around £200/1000. 

cockett farm         hull superfast plastic 27g  7.5     £185 x 1000        same in fibre £193        fantastic shells   great price !!         some people say they are bumpy  ? 

cockett farm         hull superfast plastic 27g  7.5     £185 x 1000        same in fibre £193        fantastic shells   great price !!         some people say they are bumpy  ? 
Superfast plas wad are about the smoothest thing available above 24g, while the fibres are thumpy.

£218/ 1000 at Kelbrook Lodge + £10 for fibre . 

True , but if they can do it ... how can someone else justify a £22 / 10% premium . Of course discretionary pricing is nothing new , and I don’t blame the seller if they can extract that cash from those who don’t take the time to  price check like you did . 

Gamebore  Super Gems if you can get to Mid Wales Shooting ground.

White gold without the diamond shot and around £200/1000. 
Longridge did have some super gems also. 

Sorry don't know price. 

Jasper

Me and my shooting 'flange' are cartridge sluts. We will buy whatever is cheaper, no morals.

currently Gamebore Velocity Fibre 28/7s are the prefered item listed at £189/1000 BUT we buy about 8/10,000 between us so can negotiate....last time they came out at £185

roughly same price at moment for Lyalvale express, Eley select. Cheddite are a bit dearer.

vast increase since I started about 2 1/4 years ago.....we were paying around 167/1000 then

Longridge did have some super gems also. 

Sorry don't know price. 

Jasper
Think they've got them for about £190/thou but not 100%. 

Latest posts

Back