Caesar Guerini vs Beretta

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beretta shotguns are like black and white telly ... great until you try colour!

New CGs are far superior to new Berettas in my opinion, my 692 had to go back three times and I then bought a Summit instead. Now so impressed I am looking to buy a second CG, probably a summit ascent...

My wife switched from a Beretta to a CG Syren as soon as they came out.

Completely agree on fit etc - but to say, much better range of chokes, nicer wood and engraving on the CG.

And we've had none of the ejector problems which plagued her Beretta.

Give one a go!

P

So I went and looked. Without question CG are well finished and well speced guns. In my novice opinion they look to be better value. A 692 for £2750 or a Summit at £2250. However, I didn't get the chance to test one so no deal was struck. Excited to get out and shoot again as it'd been a few weeks I went along to a local club and shot some skeet. Straight in no warm up 24ex25. Hmm think the old Beretta deserves a second chance.

My basic understanding is that the Ascent suffix just denotes it has an adjustable comb. Neither the 692 nor the Summit I looked at had adjustable combs and therefore I, perhaps wrongly, assumed I was comparing eggs with eggs. I have to say regardless of adjustable comb the summit looked a better finished and prettier gun when compared to the 692.

It certainly is a pretty gun Meerkat....the Ascent Sporter has a higher rib, which is also tapered (not sure if the normal Summit has that) and also has the Monte Carlo stock.....making it a very well focused clay busting machine....with the Ascent and 692 you are starting to break in to entry level competition guns....choices choices! :)

I shoot a Maxum 32 sporter, love it! 

The CG stand was at oak edge on sat, I witnessed a plethora of none CG shooters putting cartridges through guns that they will be buying soon.

The tide has turned, solid guns with style and a realistic price tag to boot, game over!

And.......... the customer (after sales) service from CG is amongst the best I have ever witnessed.

CG don't make their barrels, they buy it at another gunmaker....that's quite bizarre for a gunmaker...like buying an Aston with a renault motor inside... 

CG don't make their barrels, they buy it at another gunmaker....that's quite bizarre for a gunmaker...like buying an Aston with a renault motor inside... 
Pretty sure the original McLaren F1 has a V12 Beemer in it, Zonda use Merc, come to think of it Astons have a couple of Fords welded together haven't they ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
But they actually own the company that makes the barrels so technically the same company just a different name. 

I'd have a Syren if the carving on the stock and the action weren't so vile. Why do they think a 'womans gun' has to look different? Same gun with a plain action and no prison tattoo on the stock would sell better.

I see your point Bebo. But at least they have women's dedicated guns/brand. 

Unlike all other manufacturers. 

Im sure they will bring out more models/engravings in the future though. 

I'd have a Syren if the carving on the stock and the action weren't so vile. Why do they think a 'womans gun' has to look different? Same gun with a plain action and no prison tattoo on the stock would sell better.
prison tattoo ... :)

like it

I'm going to guess that if you spoke to Mike at Anglo, there's a very good change they'd make you one without the prison tat. Certainly no harm in asking.

I will never buy a CG until they start charging £10K plus like their competitors!

Back