Caesar Guerini Guns; - Opinions?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried out a Invictus Accent yesterday, and can see where your coming from, first time I have really felt like a gun fitted me, the mid rib height helped me but I'm 6'2 14st with a long neck.

Only problem is the Invictus is a grand more than the Summit Accent, would I regret not spending that extra in the long run, plenty of Summits Accents second hand but not many Invictus, does this mean people have traded up 😊
A friend of mine has a Summit Ascent he loves it, balance and quality is still there, just a different gun. If you like it go for it.  Invictus is a newer gun and like all Caesar Guerini models people are not willing to stray away from the bigger Brands ie Beretta and browning.  If you are after a gun for life the Invictus is built to be that but with 10year warranty on all guns I can't see the summit having problems that can't be fixed either.  Speak to AngloItalia they will be able to give you some more info on the changes. 

sounds like I work for them 😁,  just impressed so far with what I have purchased.

Lee

Here is my thought process when I bought mine...

http://www.shootclayforum.com/topic/14571-i-have-bought-a-new-gun/

Now I have owned it for a while I still love it and the DT10 has gone. 

If I was buying now I probably would have  the same question about  paying a bit more for the Invictus, however,  I have no  intention of trading up as I see no benefits over what I have at the moment.   

Here is my thought process when I bought mine...

http://www.shootclayforum.com/topic/14571-i-have-bought-a-new-gun/

Now I have owned it for a while I still love it and the DT10 has gone. 

If I was buying now I probably would have  the same question about  paying a bit more for the Invictus, however,  I have no  intention of trading up as I see no benefits over what I have at the moment.   
Cheers for that.  Good write up on that gun.  I do like the Ascent Stock as it is more trappy.  Getting one seems to be the issue.  All the same, I spoke to Doug Pinnegar on here as I seen him with his rather nice Rizzini.  This gun was made to measure as part of the service from Honesberie.  Finish was excellent and the gun is significantly cheaper new than a Guerini.  Guerini's do seem to lose a huge amount of value from new, that is why I'd be looking for a used gun.  I'm going to take a look at the Rizzini as well and see how I get on with Honesberie.  They are just down the road from me so I'll see how I get on.  If a new gun fitted is cheaper than a guerini, then I'd be more tempted to go that route. 

Cheers for that.  Good write up on that gun.  I do like the Ascent Stock as it is more trappy.  Getting one seems to be the issue.  All the same, I spoke to Doug Pinnegar on here as I seen him with his rather nice Rizzini.  This gun was made to measure as part of the service from Honesberie.  Finish was excellent and the gun is significantly cheaper new than a Guerini.  Guerini's do seem to lose a huge amount of value from new, that is why I'd be looking for a used gun.  I'm going to take a look at the Rizzini as well and see how I get on with Honesberie.  They are just down the road from me so I'll see how I get on.  If a new gun fitted is cheaper than a guerini, then I'd be more tempted to go that route. 
But is it any different from any other maker if you buy new, especially selling it on within say 2yrs. You loose the vat cost straight away anyhow.

The second hand ones I've seen, when you work out what they cost new and what they are asking seem no worse than the main stream popular ones to my untrained eye.

But is it any different from any other maker if you buy new, especially selling it on within say 2yrs. You loose the vat cost straight away anyhow.

The second hand ones I've seen, when you work out what they cost new and what they are asking seem no worse than the main stream popular ones to my untrained eye.
Not with Guerini.  The gunshops buy them at about 60% of what the mark-up value is.  Guerini have a huge mark-up and this is why a lot of gunshops will offer you about half of what you paid for a relatively new gun if you want to part ex it.  Buy a Browning, Miroku, Beretta and use it and you lose money, true, but the as the margins are a lot less you will have to still pay a reasonable amount 2nd hand for a good one.  But check out Guntrader.  There are Invictus 3's, 5's and 7's on there privatelyfor £3k-4.5K privately.  Thats £2k-£3k off new price.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Miroku, Beretta and use it and you lose money, true, but the as the margins are a lot less you will have to still pay a reasonable amount 2nd hand for a good one.  But check out Guntrader.  There are Invictus 3's, 5's and 7's on there privatelyfor £3k-4.5K privately.  Thats £2k-£3k off new price.
But you're comparing apples with oranges. The 3,5 & 7 Invictus models from new are about £5K and upwards. Apart from the VAT at £1K and up which is instantly lost, it's a  much smaller volume market than the £2-3K market for Miroku, Browning and 6 series Berettas.  It's more realistic to judge by the used prices for Invictus 1 or Summit.

It's the same with cars; a pre-loved Focus loses much less money than a BMW.

But you're comparing apples with oranges. The 3,5 & 7 Invictus models from new are about £5K and upwards. Apart from the VAT at £1K and up which is instantly lost, it's a  much smaller volume market than the £2-3K market for Miroku, Browning and 6 series Berettas.  It's more realistic to judge by the used prices for Invictus 1 or Summit.

It's the same with cars; a pre-loved Focus loses much less money than a BMW.
Point Taken.  

I'll buy a used gun then as it is at a more appreciable price point.

I drive BMW's, but I'd never buy a new one.  Price is relative.

25 years ago I bought a coupe of guns .  A used lightweight action K80 at £3800 and a brand spanking new Beretta 682 Gold ( the original proper one ) at £1350 . 2 years ago I got £1000 for the Beretta . It hadn’t been serviced once in its life , but was still tight and immaculate.  Total cost of ownership about £15 a year , but depreciation of around 25% .  The K80 I’ve still got , I’ve spent £650 over its life time on service and a bit of woodwork .  I was offered £3500 trade for it the other week but declined as a) my lad uses it a few times a year, b ) I thought the offer was at least £500 light considering the wood on the gun .  If I threw it in a skip tomorrow, the  total cost of ownership would still be only £166 per annum . 

A bit of rambling but I suppose what I’m saying is that unless you are a habitual swopped ,  you won’t lose much on any quality gun , allowing for the fact you bought it to use it . 

I’ve recently bought , had fitted etc and Teagued ,  2 Miroku Gd 5s ( a 12 and a 20 )  both used both 2 years old total costs £6000 . If I shoot them for the next 10 years , I’ll still get £3000 back , that’s £150 per gun per year . 

If you look at gun ownership in that way , buying any nice quality gun to keep over a period is not a silly  or expensive thing to do . 

£3500 25yrs ago = £7240 today, that makes me feel better 😊 only trouble in 25yrs I don't think I'll be able to hold the thing up to shoot it

I've got an invictus but gonna trade up to the invictus ascent tried the ascent stock on my flatrib but just too much rib I'm 6ft 2 and the monte carlo suits me better only problem is dont no if to stay with the 1 or go for the 3 I no it wont make you shoot better. I took my current invictus to anglo as had a issue and Alistair replaced all internals to the updated parts for free as I had a early model cannot fault them best service in the uk.

20191011_094439.jpg

20191011_095917.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I thought. Great service. Now you've got a gun that has added value too. I'm still toying with the idea of getting one but getting a stock made for it.

I haven't had to use the 10yrs warranty, but I will say they answer any questions I've sent via emails very quickly

Latest posts

Back