Caesar Guerini Guns; - Opinions?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck with that, I tried for weeks to get them to take my money to no avail. CG have a well deserved reputation for customer service and mending guns but trying to get them to understand I wanted a Trap stock on a low rib Invictus was painful, I gave up. 
How strange. When I was talking to Kevin a couple of weeks ago, he told me that the M spec with the monte carlo adustable dts stock that is coming to market, all came about by chance, as a customer had requested to to try one. So Anglo Italian fitted one to a flat rib gun and it just seemed right. 

Must keep an eye out for this as it may lure me back.

How strange. When I was talking to Kevin a couple of weeks ago, he told me that the M spec with the monte carlo adustable dts stock that is coming to market, all came about by chance, as a customer had requested to to try one. So Anglo Italian fitted one to a flat rib gun and it just seemed right. 

Must keep an eye out for this as it may lure me back.
As I've written here and elsewhere before, I spoke to at least two different people and asked in no uncertain or vague terms that they send down a V as well as a regular M spec Invictus both fixed choke and both low ribs with Trap stocks. One said Trap stocks meant for the high rib versions could not physically be fitted to the Invictus (understandable as it wouldn't provide the correct sight picture in any case and wasn't what I was requesting), the other said they didn't do a "high" stock and that they were so clever they'd already fitted the M spec with the kind of high stock that many people prefer, he was fibbing. 

It is possible of course that they've subsequently read my polite protestations and coupled to other shooters who have no doubt told them their stock is TOO BLOODY LOW, have decided to pretend they thought of it and attempted to bring one out. 

The guns they sent down both went back as they were too low even for people who would normally not necessarily want a Trappy configuration.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I can only repeat and concour with what's been said already. Speak to Alistair at Anglo and go visit them if you can. They are extremely helpful and I'm sure will do everything possible to get you sorted. Obviously they are importers, so can't sell you a gun directly, but I'm pretty sure the RFD next door sells CG's. 

As for the guns themselves, in my humble, they are superb quality. My Maxum is about 12 or 13 years old and has been utterly faultless. But the real jewel in the CG crown is the service from Anglo Italian, they are simply unbeatable. 

Best of luck. 

So then, turned up at Orston at about 6pm. They had the full range there for me to look at and the Ascent Stocked Invictus 7 with flat rib. Nick Hendrick set it up and it felt like mine from the off.

Shot the pool shoot next to the clubhouse with some deliberately thumpy shells and I was pleasantly surprised. Recoil was non existent, the shot sequence crisp and short. The gun at 8lbs 5ozs is almost 10ozs lighter than my Browning Pro Trap, but the gun was steady. First 2 targets I was on the edge of the pattern but adjusting to the new gun I battered the rest. Changing to my Superbs, the gun was sweet to shoot with trigger pulls light and outstanding, like my perazzi.

The half chokes broke the long birds with aplomb and I felt like I could shoot this all day. Lovely gun. Great triggers, Light in my hands but steadier on the long birds than my Perazzi. 

For me, I'd have to have a stock made. The Ascent monte carlo adjustable did the trick and for Clay's in that guise is excellent. But I want it for game as well and a flat 35mm/35mm stock is what I'd have personally.

For Clay's, if you like a trappy sporter, have a look. Its a cracking gun, with great looks, great triggers (Browning take heed), with great patterns and removes recoil. I love it!

A simple call to them and they made that gun up for me and waited until 6pm for me to turn up. I for one can't fault them. Thanks Cesar Guerini!

Interesting news.

I have liked the later Guerini guns and would have seriously considered buying one -  but (like many on here) found the stocks significantly too low.

There is an open day at Chatcombe next week -  so I may pop along and quiz the Guerini guys there....

Interesting news.

I have liked the later Guerini guns and would have seriously considered buying one -  but (like many on here) found the stocks significantly too low.

There is an open day at Chatcombe next week -  so I may pop along and quiz the Guerini guys there....
Ask them to bring an Ascent stocked flat rib Invictus along. Like they did at Orston for me. Theyll set it up for you.

Enjoy....too much.....like I did.....its a cracker.

😊🤘

PHWOAAR!!! Its a cracking piece that chap!

Dont know what shells you use but I can vouch for the half chokes and Superbs!

Triggers are fantastic too. Did I mention low recoil? Blardy Blardy Blaa.

Enjoy it and give us your feedback upon shooting!!!
I’m already on superbs mate and yes I find every choke patterns well with them. Just soot left in the sky, it’s very different to my old f3 but so far so good.

Ask them to bring an Ascent stocked flat rib Invictus along. Like they did at Orston for me. Theyll set it up for you.

Enjoy....too much.....like I did.....its a cracker.

😊🤘
Sounds good.

The Blaser guys did a similar routine for me at Chatcombe last year -  they put a vantage stock together with a std set of barrels -  the subsequent sight picture was perfect for me. I did talk to the Guerini  guys there -  but no joy. As Hamster said ' what a difference a year makes!'.

Very happy with my Invictus M Spec, had it over 2 years now...never missed a beat and still looks pretty much new. 

Lee - what model is that.....think I saw Nick Hendrick using the same gun on Sunday.  It’s very pretty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very happy with my Invictus M Spec, had it over 2 years now...never missed a beat and still looks pretty much new. 

Lee - what model is that.....think I saw Nick Hendrick using the same gun on Sunday.  It’s very pretty. 
It’s an invictus 3. Like all invictus guns they should shoot very similar just the wood grade and detail change. 

Lee

It's an Invictus 3 Sporter. Very nice gun but too low in the comb for me hence my need to fit the Ascent stock. I sh*t the Invictus 7 which is the same gun but with Side Plates. 

Tried out a Invictus Accent yesterday, and can see where your coming from, first time I have really felt like a gun fitted me, the mid rib height helped me but I'm 6'2 14st with a long neck.

Only problem is the Invictus is a grand more than the Summit Accent, would I regret not spending that extra in the long run, plenty of Summits Accents second hand but not many Invictus, does this mean people have traded up 😊

Latest posts

Back