Bywell Weekend

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well shot rob

5th in B in his 1st english open, excellent result.
Thanks Ian,

I was a little disappointed with that score tbh. I was on for 97/285, but, like an idiot, I started trying to add up my score in the middle of the last round, and then dropped 3 more birds! Glad that Im not a million miles away from the leaders in B though. Another couple of months, and Ill hopefully be up there.

Shot steady on Friday with 94/274 for 15th in B. And then ran out of steam on Sunday, with 87/259 or something like that. Ive shot over 1000 clays in 3 weekends, so Im wrecked a bit! Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it.

& Chaplow is a machine, dropping 2 points out of 900! Awesome.

Enjoyed the shoot though, its a nice ground. Nice layouts. The gun room is amazing! I shouldered alot of different makes, but I liked the DT-10s the best! Stayed in Alnmouth, which is 20 mins from the ground and next to a beach. So I had some nice beach walks, in the sun on Friday and the rain on Saturday. Im going to head up again for the British & Euros there next month.

And regarding delays, I shot early on all 3 days (first wave on Sat & Sun), and shot almost straight through. Took about 2 - 2.5 hours on all 3 days.

Sounds like a great weekend rob, you did very very well, 3 day major comps require a different approach to normal 100 reg and as you found out fatigue can become an issue. Its ok for you how do you think us old beggers feel after 300 clays :)  

Latest posts

Back