Bulk Buying cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read this last night so I thought I would have a count up to see how many I have. Finished at 3am I had 10,018 so I went straight outside and fired off 18 shells. Nice to be legal.

post-812-0-79353000-1410614148.png

Regulation 11 sets out the maximum amounts that can be kept in a registered store.

The amounts in regulation 11 are the net mass (weight) of the explosives, ie the amount of explosive contained in the article not including any packaging or casings.

For fireworks, small arms ammunition and similar pyrotechnic articles, the mass of the explosive will be only a fraction of the total mass of the item.

If the manufacturer has provided specific information (for example on the box or on the item itself) on the weight of the explosive content then this should be used as the amount. If they have not, or if the net amount is unclear, then assume that the explosive content is one quarter of the total weight of the item.
15KGS, made up of the component weight (powder and primer) or presume 1/4 of the weight of the shell if quantities are not known.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/explosives/licensing/storage/

If you assume 20 grains for the propellant (would usually be a touch less around 18) and 5 grains for the primer, that is a total weight of

1.62 grams.

Which works out at 9259 cartridges, if you err on the side of caution.

Attachments

• HSE.PNG
    HSE.PNG
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
post-812-0-79353000-1410614148.png

Regulation 11 sets out the maximum amounts that can be kept in a registered store.
The amounts in regulation 11 are the net mass (weight) of the explosives, ie the amount of explosive contained in the article not including any packaging or casings.
For fireworks, small arms ammunition and similar pyrotechnic articles, the mass of the explosive will be only a fraction of the total mass of the item.
If the manufacturer has provided specific information (for example on the box or on the item itself) on the weight of the explosive content then this should be used as the amount. If they have not, or if the net amount is unclear, then assume that the explosive content is one quarter of the total weight of the item.

15KGS, made up of the component weight (powder and primer) or presume 1/4 of the weight of the shell if quantities are not known.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/explosives/licensing/storage/

If you assume 20 grains for the propellant (would usually be a touch less around 18) and 5 grains for the primer, that is a total weight of
1.62 grams.

Which works out at 9259 cartridges, if you err on the side of caution.
Will have to stick 5000 at my step fathers then.
Thanks for the heads up.

It has been brought to my attention via pm, from a forum member whom i respect that i "may" have interpreted certain posts incorrectly and taken them as a personal insult which apparently they were not.

I am unsure if i did or not as we can but see the written word and sometimes read it literally. But if i did offend anyone in any of my posts then i apologise.

My only issue was that if you reply to a question and give a categorical answer with proof and providence then imo that is job done.

Anyway i hope everyone has a good evening.

Never met anyone from this forum and do not care about credentials or social standing. I treat everyone the same regardless if they think somehow they should be treated differently as they have been around a bit. Basically treat people like you want to be treated.
I think that covers it nicely, rudeness is a negative aspect of character.

I think we may have done this to death.

But remember these regulations were drafted , written and offered for guidance by a Civil Servant , of which I was , once .

We all know how fruit the loop I am!

It makes no mention about storing said explosives in premises containing oxy / acetylene bottles , camping gaz stoves , barbecues, thirty years of back issues of shooting times and The Field .

So for goodness sake use common sense.

Latest posts

Back