Bulk Buying cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am about to put a 10K order in and was told by the local RFD on Monday that the maximum storage is 5.5kg of POWDER.

Edit: This is what the RFD told me and I always take what he tells me with a pinch of salt. This is not me categorically stating this is in fact correct information. Just had to clarify this, as I would hate to be considered a 'numpty'.......is it any wonder why this forum is so slow and boring with so few fecking posters except for the chosen few.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's exactly what i said 10k is approx. Shotgun cartridge is classed as explosive. I have given info direct from source what anyone does with that info is entirely up to them and if anyone wants to argue the toss with the HSE that is up to them but good luck with that and that includes anything that Cpsa might say. They are not experts in this the HSE are as they write the regulation.

I give up.

Ps

the regulation that covers this is from 2005

that's it i have done all i can i am out.

I am about to put a 10K order in and was told by the local RFD on Monday that the maximum storage is 5.5kg of POWDER.
this is Bollox its 15kg.

Definitely out now, i give up.

Thanks for the info ips.

Got room to store 10k on shelving in my 'gun-room, don't like the idea of storing them on the floor, so looks like things have accidently worked out perfect, room is dry, moderate even temp. I do prefer to buy batches so occasional bulk purchase is my plan once I settle on a cart.

If a significant discount was available it might be worth clubbing together if you like the same cart. Used to go down to Eley with 3 others and batch test Eley tenex then buy up a whole batch of whatever suited our barrels best.

Just have to persuade Mrs Bryn to let me buy up the rest of those Remingtons before Nial Scott gets to them, though I think he's using Fiocchi now

Proper Cartridges may be worth a call for direct delivery with good discounts for substantial orders.

Regarding the max allowance per household of shells, we have had this discussion before but I have yet to see an official directive putting a limit on the number of cartridges one may buy and hold - powder inside cartridges is NOT the same as loose powder in a bag, if I were ever in the position of having to defend myself in proving that point I'd be extremely confident.

Firearms certificates specifically state the allowance for different shooters according to requirements, Shotgun certificates have no such provision. This 10,000 max thing started when a bright spark decided to apply powder storage rules to shells when answering a query in one of the shooting magazines around 15 odd years ago, it has no substance in law, no written directive, no case law of a prosecution, no problem.

Well my friend i would respond but i am out now i have given the answer from source.

I am now close to going for good. I have replied to a question with a definitive answer from source this i feel should be enough however still the answer given is questioned. What is the point.

I am now close to going for good. I have replied to a question with a definitive answer from source this i feel should be enough however still the answer given is questioned. What is the point.
...eh? Pot, kettle, black..

A group near me has just put a direct order in with Hull for over 30 000, believe they got 10% discount in the end. Another mate of mine got some white gold rebranded with gamebore and they got a bit more discount than 10% closer to 20 I think. Minimum order with gamebore was 10,000 I believe.

Rupert , 

You contact the manufacturer and not the retailer!

You can use fax, email, telephone or a written letter (similar to what the Pharoahs used) I believe that Gamebore no longer use Pigeon post since Stephen Dales left.

:fie:  IPS, You must remember that the majority of posters on here are "experts" !  some have been shooting 3 months or more! :crazy:

Count yourself lucky when they issue your gun permit here there is 100 shells on it, request 1000 and you may or may not be granted it, I once was issued a air rifle permit with 100 rounds on it, air rifle is classed as a firearm here too, luckily no one enforces the maxim rounds, but if something where to happen there would be a lot of irish shooters breaking the law, just more outdated legislation that there to lazy to bring up to date,

:fie:  Why do all you "numpties" have to question an experienced shooter like IPS when he tell you that he has a brother in law in the H&SE who correctly answered the question?

When I was a registered firearms dealer the same answer was given to me by Mr Lepiour of Avon and Som firearms division. :fie:   :fie:  

Latest posts

Back