Browning 725 pro sport vs Miroku mk38

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an mk38 grade 5 trap ..I do really well with it . It shoots a little high which i'm used to. More importantly is which gun is right for you.. you need to try both a few times.. everyone is different. In my opinion they are both excellent guns as i've shot both when i was looking but the miroku for me suited me better.. 

Just one more thing. I don't know where you are geographically in Holland but my friend in Germany says miroku's are popular there. Maybe you could import or buy.. just something to look at. 

Go on you tube and look for lloyd Pattison .. he has his own chanel and gives great honest reviews. He gives reviews on 725 and the mk38.

Unfortunately getting a fun from Germany to the Netherlands is a hassle and then some, as a license to import a firearm is required. Shame really; while there are second hand guns on then  Dutch market, Germany has a lot more and prices are lots better in most cases.  

I have had a chance to shoot the Mk38 sporter. Unfortunately it was nothing like the old Miroku trap gun that I like.

I have also shot the 525 SL. I actually liked it quite a lot. There are two things though. They had schnabel fore ends, where as I really prefer beaver tail. I find it hard to get over the fact that they are laminate…. I am a wood guy… But if this gun shoots the best for me, I would still consider going for it.

I think I still want to shoot a B725 sporter (one that kind of fits me) and a 525 Ultra XS before I make the final choice.

I have tried a couple of Beretta's. I just can't handle them good enough it seems.

just be careful if you handle 725 Protrap as the earlier 725's the stock is different and you won't be compairing like for like with the stocks.The later 725 MK2 have I belive the same stock as the Prosport although a different grade of wood

I

I have also shot the 525 SL. I actually liked it quite a lot. There are two things though. They had schnabel fore ends, where as I really prefer beaver tail. I
This. I would have seriously considered a 525SL if a beaver tail fore-end in laminate had been available.

Have you had a chance to visit Graziani and Geweermakerij Elspeet yet? I know the latter occasionally has a guy come to our club with guns for prospective buyers, who can then try those and make their choice. Obviously not for trying a baker's dozen of different guns, but if the choice is down to two guns, they might do the same for you. Could be that they only let you try second hand ones, but there are plenty B725 and 525UXS around.    

I exchanged a very heavy but nice to shoot a 32" Pro Sport for an XS PRO just like yours, just get the balance right and you have one of the best sporter's made.

I tried a 725 prosport as well. But for me the dimensions of the stock are too bulky. 

I tried a 725 prosport as well. But for me the dimensions of the stock are too bulky. 
I agree, I cut the stock so as I could get my thumb behind the grip, but the XS is much easier to shoot even with some weights on it it's 8 ounces lighter than the Pro Sport which is a big difference at my age.

See how it's so personal with gun fit, I have a Prosport and also a Ultra XS Exquisite 2 and the XS feels so much bigger to me compaired to the Prosport, especially the forend

Last edited by a moderator:
See how it's so personal with gun fit, I have a Prosport and also a Ultra XS Exquisite 2 and the XS feels so much bigger to me compaired to the Prosport, especially the forend
Exactly, very personal indeed. 

Good looking bit of wood on that mate, looks like a lovely bang-stick. Congrats! 

Are you getting any trigger time to get acquainted? Not too long now before I'll be picking up a new-old-gun, which I'm looking forward to, but I'm also curious as to how long it will take before it feels as familiar as my own gun. Which by itself won't feel as familiar before long as I have new stock coming in. It'll be holiday season to remember, for many reasons. 

Are you getting any trigger time to get acquainted? Not too long now before I'll be picking up a new-old-gun, which I'm looking forward to, but I'm also curious as to how long it will take before it feels as familiar as my own gun. Which by itself won't feel as familiar before long as I have new stock coming in. It'll be holiday season to remember, for many reasons. 
I shot it last Saturday (amongst the other guns to pick which one to buy). I went back to the grounds on Sunday to really shoot it. And tomorrow I will shoot it again. 
It took me some time to get used to shouldering it. The school gun that I Have been using for the last few months was much too long for me. So even though the new gun is of better length, it takes a while to get used to it. Shooting skeet was easier with my new gun though. I am very happy with it. 

what new old gun did you get?

I have a 30 yr old Beretta 686 special (trap fore end, fibre bead) waiting for paperwork to get signed off. It's a predecessor to the silver pigeon, but with a few niceties that the early pigeons didn't get. Seemed to fit me off the rack and the wood is nice for purpose- a gun that I won't regret using in the field. 

That sounds good Luke. I know someone with an older beretta skeet gun. I think form the same series. Very nice gun.  

Latest posts

Back