Birds only

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about this one:

images
..  Wouldn't work for me though I don't drink alcohol.  

Average based systems may not be perfect but at least it's a level playing field.
Absolutely not!  There are not even two sporting courses that are the same.  How can you justify comparing SCORES between two events that are not even the same?  Let alone dozens(?)!  That's insane.  That only works if EVERYONE shoots EVERY event EVERYWHERE.

besta luck

And to my knowledge no org uses anything like a rational objective system that reflects true ability.  But then I have no idea what the ISSF uses - could be wonderful could be crap. 

Absolutely not!  There are not even two sporting courses that are the same.  How can you justify comparing SCORES between two events that are not even the same?  Let alone dozens(?)!  That's insane.  That only works if EVERYONE shoots EVERY event EVERYWHERE.

besta luck

And to my knowledge no org uses anything like a rational objective system that reflects true ability.  But then I have no idea what the ISSF uses - could be wonderful could be crap. 
Very true. That’s the point, our system only works fine if you shoot loads of events at loads of grounds. 

besta luck

What I meant by level playing field is that it isn't rigged by the CPSA to deliberately to favour a particular group such as high volume competitors. It's true that to some extent you can game an average based system by cherry picking your events, but the best you'll get is being put in the wrong class - which you probably won't be competitive in - and then probably for only one period. The other truly ridiculous aspect of the NSCA punch system is that once someone has made Master Class, they can stay for ever because there's no mandatory downclass, no matter how poorly they shoot.

Very true. That’s the point, our system only works fine if you shoot loads of events at loads of grounds. 
Everyone uses the same system and it sux everywhere.  Just some games make it suc more.  It might work for YOU if YOU shoot lots but unless EVERYBODY else shoots the same lots too you are penalizing yourself by shooting more

The other truly ridiculous aspect of the NSCA punch system is that once someone has made Master Class, they can stay for ever because there's no mandatory downclass, no matter how poorly they shoot.
Who cares?  If they are not competitive they don't get any other class's money or trinkets anyway.  Screw them.  It seems there are a number of shooters who will resist any effort to downgrade classification - At least they aren't sandbagging.  

Score based classification simply sux and really there is not any evidence otherwise.  You may well defend it any way you care to and it still sux.  When classification or average becomes a goal you have lost sight of the purpose of competitive events.

and all y'all have a nice day now

You cannot shoot targets only down here... and competitions are, I think, very expensive! For example a 100 target FU would be €40 - 45 and the most expensive grounds I know of charge €5 a round for non members. So to fill the traps and little else you are being charged €20 +  :eek:    The prize money down here is predetermined the winner collects a maximum of €90 whereas the runner up gets ...€85  they really sort out the sand baggers  :lol:   Birds only would be great to be honest if the charged say €25 they would get a lot of takers... I think. There are a couple of clubs though that put on an amazing cooked breakfast bacon, eggs , black pudding, sausage, cured ham and sausage , crepes, bread, good coffee and even red, rose and white wine free of charge !! You can make up your entry fee just by indulging in the amazing breakfast!

Sounds like the grounds should also have an ambulance standing by for the heart attacks   :bye:
You know what the amazing thing is Charlie this region of France has one of the highest longevity figures in the country.. be even higher if it was not for them big cooked breakfasts :lol:

You cannot shoot targets only down here... and competitions are, I think, very expensive! For example a 100 target FU would be €40 - 45 and the most expensive grounds I know of charge €5 a round for non members. So to fill the traps and little else you are being charged €20 +  :eek:    The prize money down here is predetermined the winner collects a maximum of €90 whereas the runner up gets ...€85  they really sort out the sand baggers  :lol:   Birds only would be great to be honest if the charged say €25 they would get a lot of takers... I think. There are a couple of clubs though that put on an amazing cooked breakfast bacon, eggs , black pudding, sausage, cured ham and sausage , crepes, bread, good coffee and even red, rose and white wine free of charge !! You can make up your entry fee just by indulging in the amazing breakfast!
You have got to admire the French.  A cooked breakfast and couple of glasses of red before shooting.

You have got to admire the French.  A cooked breakfast and couple of glasses of red before shooting.
I kid  you not. First time I saw this I thought no surely not at 8.30 in the morning but yes quite a few took the Sunday morning tonic :lol:  at lunch time it is standard practice to have a huge lunch with a glass or two of red and an Armagnac to finish the lunch.

Back