Birds only

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peter 

for f*** sake , where do you get your crap from ????

birds only has a great place in the normal Sunday shoots week in week out !!!!!

i will put this one down to your age , this time 
so is it totally wrong then ??

As many know, I wrote a whole new system, but actually, the present system would be very good if they made a few key changes:

Regrade everybody every 3 months.

If you haven’t shot 4 different grounds, it doesn’t count.

If you haven’t shot 500 targets it doesn’t count.

As many know, I wrote a whole new system, but actually, the present system would be very good if they made a few key changes:

Regrade everybody every 3 months.

If you haven’t shot 4 different grounds, it doesn’t count.

If you haven’t shot 500 targets it doesn’t count.
what if you don't want to shoot at four different grounds ??

My mate and I haven't shot at all for 6 months and if I've understood the scores correctly we have both moved up a class, he's gone from A to AA!!! Not that either of us are bothered but what a farcical system basing your current classification on what you were doing a year ago.

I got the news off one of your fans who reads every word that you print.

So it obviously is not true????? Without any foundation????

K

Then you’re a wassock amateur that doesn’t deserve a grading. It’s very simple..
oh, so that's your game plan, to alienate a large portion of shooters who either cannot or don't want to waste there Sunday driving around when they could shoot a reg at there local ground.

K

oh, so that's your game plan, to alienate a large portion of shooters who either cannot or don't want to waste there Sunday driving around when they could shoot a reg at there local ground.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a casual shooter, out having fun. But don’t expect to join a grading system, or criticise one that boasts any integrity unless you honour the criteria. I manage about 18 different ground per year. 4 is not a big ask..

I think taking percentages off high gun score rather than 100 would be beneficial.
Absolutely not. Percentage down the scores list, yes.. If Thorrold hadn’t gone today, the position would be different for all.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just needs to move faster having C class regularly won with A/AA class scores does not give the masses an incentive to go competition. It's not anybody sandbagging either its just people improving quickly in a system that moves at a snails pace. 

It just needs to move faster having C class regularly won with A/AA class scores does not give the masses an incentive to go competition. It's not anybody sandbagging either its just people improving quickly in a system that moves at a snails pace. 
Hence grade every 3 months!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a casual shooter, out having fun. But don’t expect to join a grading system, or criticise one that boasts any integrity unless you honour the criteria. I manage about 18 different ground per year. 4 is not a big ask..

Absolutely not. Percentage down the scores list, yes.. If Thorrold hadn’t gone today, the position would be different for all.
ah, but it is a big ask if you shoot OT ?

ah, but it is a big ask if you shoot OT ?
Sorry, it’s a given, Sporting is the only true God.. I’m ignorant elsewhere. (And that trap nonsense doesn’t need different grounds I assume..

Or less?

shoot a score 2 classes above your own 2 or 3 times in a period and move up 1 class with immediate effect.
No, flashes of form come and go. It needs a decent amount of shoots to capture reality. 

Christ we would all be in AA or AAA
Really ? I said a score 2 classes above your own so if an A class shooter puts in 3 90 somethings they go into AA I think that's fair enough considering there are people in A hitting 76 every week. They can come down again at the end of the period whether it be 3 or 6 monthly.

Sorry, it’s a given, Sporting is the only true God.. I’m ignorant elsewhere. (And that trap nonsense doesn’t need different grounds I assume..

No, flashes of form come and go. It needs a decent amount of shoots to capture reality. 
If you are capable you are capable and if you do it 3 times you are definitely capable. If a golfer shoots a good score on Saturday they are morally obliged to cut themselves if they then play on Sunday even before their score has been submitted. 

Really ? I said a score 2 classes above your own so if an A class shooter puts in 3 90 somethings they go into AA I think that's fair enough considering there are people in A hitting 76 every week. They can come down again at the end of the period whether it be 3 or 6 monthly.
I've shot a couple of 90s this period but no way am I a AA shooter.

(And that trap nonsense doesn’t need different grounds I assume.. ( HOW WRONG IS THAT !)

Back