Birds only

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've shot 4 different Reg grounds in the last 10 days. All £40 targets only. Don't see the issue.

I noticed a ground a few weeks ago were changing £46 targets only, £52 competition. Cost of living crisis? Not likely.

Include the cost of cartridges and travel , it becomes a very expensive pastime.

IT WILL NOT BE LONG BEFORE WE ARE BACK TO STRAWBALERS.

I spoke to someone at the weekend moaning about one reg ground being a £5 (100 reg) more expensive than an other and the dearer one had good refs and infrastructure.Now given the fact that itll be 20/30£ in fuel 40 entry 30 in shells not to mention pig buttie etc is a fiver worth even mentioning when you are happy to part with £100+ for a morning moan😂😂

Some weekends I am 'billy no mates'. It's what drew me to the registered shoots - rock up on your own and shoot 100 new targets. I am beginning to treat it as a practice session. To pay £5 to £10 more than 'clays only' is very good value for refs, buttoning, challenging clays setups, and the facilities. With travel the markup is less than 10% for those organizing the event - try getting that at a premier league football or rugby match. Having said that I am Midlands based and there does not seem to be the high overheads (and/or in some cases reputation) that pushes prices up.

at the moment my local orston  have a deal in place , £255 up front  buys you a gold card  to shoot 1000 practice clays at 25p each  ,   its a no brainer  living near by  and i believe you get a £5 back on return  gold card !!   👍

That's really cheap. Sporting Targets do a discount on the pre purchase of 1000, but its recently gone up to £300 members / £380 non members. If I factor in mileage costs, its now cheaper for me to shoot at AGL, which is more expensive per clay, but 20 miles closer.

Back