Birds only

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes that's the brilliant system where you're measured only for your 'good days' and the poor and mediocre days are 'forgiven'. The more you shoot the more 'good days' you're going to have so the more punches and the higher the classification. Great for those shooting 40 plus comps per year but utterly crap for those of us who shoot 10 or 12. Also the NSCA get a levy for every registered entrant at every registered shoot. Since the NSCA is run as a business it's in their commercial interest to encourage more people to shoot more targets hence a system rigged to favour of the high volume shooters.

Average based systems may not be perfect but at least it's a level playing field.

Funnily enough I am trying to get back to just that.
I have done it. ?

cpsa membership not renewed

the occasional esp just for fun with friends such as short legs, paul120, Westley, balltrap

but mainly game shooting were apart from upper, middle, lower no class system exists ?

I have done it. ?

cpsa membership not renewed

the occasional esp just for fun with friends such as short legs, paul120, Westley, balltrap

but mainly game shooting were apart from upper, middle, lower no class system exists ?
I am genuinely happy for you.  I though enjoy the variety of shoots I do and I like the quality of the majority I attend and I don’t have an issue with being a CPSA member.  Yes there are definitely improvements they need to make and I hope we will see that but then I am an optimist generally.  I just need to take the pressure I place on myself out of the equation.

I am genuinely happy for you.  I though enjoy the variety of shoots I do and I like the quality of the majority I attend and I don’t have an issue with being a CPSA member.  Yes there are definitely improvements they need to make and I hope we will see that but then I am an optimist generally.  I just need to take the pressure I place on myself out of the equation.
I never had a problem with the cpss per se. I have however always advocated NO class system but I ain't getting into that again ?

upper, middle, lower no class system exists
In todays society, this really should be expanded to take in everyone;- Upper, Upper Middle, Middle, Lower Middle, Upper Lower, Lower and No Class At All.

:D

Ah,  now THAT,  is the difficult bit  !      :wacko:

never wanted to join the cpsa cant see the pont in joining  a club that would accept me as a member

HG is definitely not the way to judge scores. To hit 98, you are way off the scale and the factors required are:

Have been shooting since the Sex Pistols were nailing it.

Have not had nasty row with wife.

Journey to shoot was great.

Stopped one drink short of too many night before.

Been shooting same gun for at least a year. Or shooting it first time ever. 

Bacon roll was spot on.

Clothing seemed perfect..
Just to reiterate the point how irrelevant the HG score can often be to the actual way the shoot looked to the majority : 

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/scores/fixtures/54/90319

This is from last Sunday and trust me if I'd managed another couple I'd have been properly on top of it, the HG score is insanely good.

Just to reiterate the point how irrelevant the HG score can often be to the actual way the shoot looked to the majority : 

https://www.cpsa.co.uk/scores/fixtures/54/90319

This is from last Sunday and trust me if I'd managed another couple I'd have been properly on top of it, the HG score is insanely good.
Yes HG, is a stupid way to judge a shoot. One score is not exactly a representative sample of the average difficulty of a shoot. Durr.. RF shot a 98 at Four Counties on a crazy windy day about 18 months ago. Next score was 90. So should the status of the shoot hinge on whether RF decided to turn up or not? No..

It’s all rubbish really. On one hand there are folks saying no birds only cards it’s a competition and then there are folks saying don’t count the high gun score to get the classifications. Me I shoot to enjoy myself and do the best I can. As you know I’m not a CPSA member and having read the threads here recently I’m glad I’m not. Still you pays your money and makes your choice 

Yes it’s all personal choice and that’s great. For me, if my performance isn’t measured against everybody else (no matter how badly I do..) then it’s just standing in a field making noise and breaking frisbees. This is why I don’t practice or “social” shoot. I just can’t focus or care if there is no competitive side. But that is just my personal outlook. Not saying I’m right and others are wrong. Shooting is whatever you want it to be. I’m always amazed that the CPSA has a membership where about 75% don’t shoot a competition. Must love that magazine..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like badges
How about this one:

images

Back