Best starter cartridges

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a newcomers perspective.

I used Cheddites U/T's yesterday, and for the first time I'm getting dust, I've read about this but not witnessed it myself, so from a personal point of view I feel I gained confidence shooting the gun while using them, and being new its great when you actually feel the clay is going to break before you pull the trigger.

ok arguably I was pointing the stick in the right place, but this wasn't just once, (Jon as my witness) there was a good few. ;)

The punch is more than the firsts, but even more of a feel good factor, I got a PB as well + I only had to run the bore snake through I few times, and the barrels were clean, Eley firsts imho are awful when it comes to cleaning up afterwards, so dirty!

So for £164/£158 per thou I would recommend these to anyone.

From a newcomers perspective.

I used Cheddites U/T's yesterday, and for the first time I'm getting dust, I've read about this but not witnessed it myself, so from a personal point of view I feel I gained confidence shooting the gun while using them, and being new its great when you actually feel the clay is going to break before you pull the trigger.

ok arguably I was pointing the stick in the right place, but this wasn't just once, (Jon as my witness) there was a good few. ;)

The punch is more than the firsts, but even more of a feel good factor, I got a PB as well + I only had to run the bore snake through I few times, and the barrels were clean, Eley firsts imho are awful when it comes to cleaning up afterwards, so dirty!

So for £164/£158 per thou I would recommend these to anyone.
Agreed. As you know, punchiness isn't a factor for me, with my ISIS...though I can still tell the difference...shot so badly today that I went around twice, on a little shoot...so 140 rounds and the barels looked like they had done one each,,,super clean.

I might see if I can get some 8's as they apparently do them. And the Italian 8 is the same size (by all accounts) as an English 8.

£164/k? You been buying 9's as well? Did you shoot any Skeet yesterday?

£164 in fibre 7.5 and 8- 28g. £158 plastic 7.5 -8 -28g. They do 9's -£168 in plastic too

No skeet yesterday mate, just 100 sporting

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. As you know, punchiness isn't a factor for me, with my ISIS...though I can still tell the difference...shot so badly today that I went around twice, on a little shoot...so 140 rounds and the barels looked like they had done one each,,,super clean.

I might see if I can get some 8's as they apparently do them. And the Italian 8 is the same size (by all accounts) as an English 8.

£164/k? You been buying 9's as well? Did you shoot any Skeet yesterday?
Gary,

If you are ordering some, I would be interested in 1,000 (after what you were telling me today)

Cheers

Richard

Latest posts

Back