Beretta Worlds

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was there this afternoon and very wet. A great shame and difficult to enjoy wet to the skin even with a coat and umbrella. Great thanks to the refs for being out in it all day! On big shoots like this I think it should be mandatory to have a solid base on the shooting stand. Trying to stand in 6 inches of mud and sliding around is pretty poor and potentially dangerous.

Us disabled shooters have asked for solid level shooting stands for years,hopefully one day course setters will exept that shooters in the modern times like to  feal comfortable while shooting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dreadful weather, towed out to leave, frankly lack lustre shoot.  Best part of it all was getting to shoot with Santa again.

Dreadful weather, towed out to leave, frankly lack lustre shoot.  Best part of it all was getting to shoot with Santa again.
Chatted to someone yesterday who shot it on Thursday.  She was quite disappointed with the targets, felt it was all very samey.

Chatted to someone yesterday who shot it on Thursday.  She was quite disappointed with the targets, felt it was all very samey.
Most of the difficulty came from the monsoon rain we endured.  There were a couple of good stands though.

Almost constant rain made it hard going..spent more time drying my glasses than looking at targets.

One stand you needed to change foot position but that proved impossible in the mud,no effort to put down straw or such like.

Ran out of goody bags which is pretty sh*t as they know how many people are shooting!

In fact it didn't look like GMK made any effort at all.....no surprise there then.

Congrats to John Lee on winning again ;)

Was nice and sunny when I arrived and the parking field was dry. Started on peg 9 14:28 but a good 20 mins delay with a problem trap during which the heavens opened and could not see a thing so no idea how I managed to straight it.

Relentless rain was annoying as was waiting on stands because the squad before took refuge in the trees rather than crack on. Little details like target descriptions and number of pairs would be useful as would getting the clay size matches to the right target. I think I saw straw down on just one stand.

Did not look at my card and thought I had done really badly but was happy to find out I got an 85 which is exactly the target I had set myself. Lost a fair few due to the conditions and mentally not wanting to be there. One guy in our squad had enough after 5th stand and went home.

Nearly needed towing out but luckily 3 kind people helped push me. I was the mug in the white X3 stuck in the mud.

Cant say I will be going back in a hurry.

Didn't come last which was a bonus ., but got very wet & very very cold!

Still, managed to get kills on all stands, which was good for me, and  got at least one on all of the crosser's which was good ... 

The   incomer and going away in the woods was a joke in the rain, it was so dark, you couldn't see sod all.

And what were the stalls? meant to be?  

Didn't need a tow out,  the Outback was OK going down the hill.  :)

On the plus side it was great to meet up with Sian & Tony again  :)  

:santa:  

P1Fanatic, :)

Should have stuck with the scoob ;)

:santa:

Spent Thursday watching, Friday shooting this event. I understand Saturday was much wetter. You cant blame GMK for the weather. Those posting that it was samey one must assume found the targets easy, however I notice nobody posted a 12ox120. I know how much effort went into the organisation of this event. Maybe we could offer some encouragement occasionally, to those brave enough to risk putting on such an event.

Critisim of any aspect of any event is encouragement of sorts, it is crucially important that the vast majourity  paying entries get what they want. Failure to heed the masses will bring about extinction for these events.

Critisim of any aspect of any event is encouragement of sorts, it is crucially important that the vast majourity  paying entries get what they want. Failure to heed the masses will bring about extinction for these events.
I agree, however having spent such a long time there this week, ( it's very close to us) most people i spoke too,just shooters not people I knew were positive. The weather played it's part, but theres nothing anyone can do about that.

No you can't help the weather you just accept that as a given.  I did think last year's  targets were better overall but more than that there wasn't anything there - you'd expect the main sponsor to have some of their stuff there - guns to try, clothes.  Really has nothing to do with thinking the targets were easy either well not for me.

No you can't help the weather you just accept that as a given.  I did think last year's  targets were better overall but more than that there wasn't anything there - you'd expect the main sponsor to have some of their stuff there - guns to try, clothes.  Really has nothing to do with thinking the targets were easy either well not for me.
They had the guns on display and I assumed you could shoot some on that small layout at the bottom of the car park - was that just a pool shoot then?

When I walked into the main area I actually walked past the check in desk as wasnt that obvious. On the plus side the toilets were nice ..

Target wise I thought there was a bit of everything there. Stand 15 simo battues should have been orange clays not black as hard to see on that dark tree background. Poor ref was having a hard time confirming hits. And as already mentioned stand 14 where you had to move your feet needed straw or something down. You shouldnt be sliding around with a loaded gun.

Weather you cant control but can be better prepared for. Its not like the rain wasn't expected. How hard is it to get something to put around the worst stands so that people arent slipping and sliding with a loaded shotgun?

The point being the people who set up the shoot did a great job and put in a lot of effort,none of this was GMK apart from asking them to do everything including catering.

Gmk as usual made no effort to get in trade stands and a variety of food stalls,was looking forward to a pint after but no bar.

If you have 800 shooters you need at least 800 goody bags and its usual to have a few spares obviously scrimped a bit hoping that some wouldn't take them.

Even after them stating  "Once again there will be a huge array of prizes from our generous sponsors, more details of which will be published closer to the event." and being asked about they have still not listed the prizes or all prize winners days after.

Don't even think they had the GMK gunsmith there this time obviously the 5 miles from there HQ is to much of a trip.

If you are going to run a "Flagship" event bloody make it one and not something that seems like most of it was an afterthought.

Gunsmith was there - on the right of the catering tent. I only know as when walking back looking where to sign in I saw a small beretta sign so thought that was it only to find a chap working on guns. Surprised he didnt have a skip load based on all the faults you hear about with new guns.

Gunsmith was there - on the right of the catering tent. I only know as when walking back looking where to sign in I saw a small beretta sign so thought that was it only to find a chap working on guns. Surprised he didnt have a skip load based on all the faults you hear about with new guns.
I stand corrected,mind you asked for his help last time they were there and he told me to take it back to the shop!

Sibaldib (cheers for driving dude!) and I shot it on Thursday.              

We had the pleasure of, not only following the lovely Cheryl Hall's squad, but also to have Mr Bunning (came 2nd) in our squad...so we got to see how the Pro's approached the targets.

I have to agree at being a little underwhelmed at the trade side of things. Catering was decent and fair, things ran smoothly enough and the mud wasn't a major issue at the time, but would have only got worse.

Apparently there was an anti-fog spray in most people's goody bags...not mine.

I liked the targets, but there were several "similar" stands.  They can't have been too hard, as I am a low end A Class shot, and I managed 95, even after missing a couple of pairs due to brain farts.

Not borred of it yet though... :)

Back