Beretta dt11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes but he is currently pulling the trigger at OT practice I believe   :)

I have set guns up before and had em exactly the same drop at comb and the same LOP and they have felt and shot totally different to each other. Many things like pitch, weight distribution etc must make a difference.
Years ago I used to shoot with a very wealty guy, he had a matched pair of H&H game guns, looked lovely and cost a fortune. He reckoned that he shot one better than the other!! I asked him if they felt different and he said they did, but they looked indentical and had the same weight and dimensions, the only difference was the grain pattern of the wood. I tried them and they both felt the same to me...bloody awful. :eek:

Well here is a thing Les, slightly off topic but similar thing.

I used to fence in fact I was a club coach for "foil" up untill about 7 years ago when my sciatica and a fencing related neck injury became too bad and I packed in.

Anyway I had various types of swords "eppe" a "sabre" a couple of practice or steam "foils" and my two electric competition "foils" now the latter had anatomical grips and exaxtly the same blades fitted (swords come in bits so you can build one up to suit) and same guards so should have felt, balanced and handled the same but guess what ..... they didnt I had one that I prefered. Wierd aint it :)  

I have set guns up before and had em exactly the same drop at comb and the same LOP and they have felt and shot totally different to each other. Many things like pitch, weight distribution etc must make a difference.
i have had a stock made identical to another I have. Recoil is totally different and handles very differently. i think even the density of the wood, grain etc have a big impact let alone the obvious pitch, drop, rake, grip etc.

Well here is a thing Les, slightly off topic but similar thing.

I used to fence in fact I was a club coach for "foil" up untill about 7 years ago when my sciatica and a fencing related neck injury became too bad and I packed in.

Anyway I had various types of swords "eppe" a "sabre" a couple of practice or steam "foils" and my two electric competition "foils" now the latter had anatomical grips and exaxtly the same blades fitted (swords come in bits so you can build one up to suit) and same guards so should have felt, balanced and handled the same but guess what ..... they didnt I had one that I prefered. Wierd aint it :)
Off topic even further Ian. I've done a bit of fencing too!!!! Me and one of my drinking/fishing pals and I made a new chicken run a few weeks ago, just had enough fencing to go around! :hyper:

Off topic even further Ian. I've done a bit of fencing too!!!! Me and one of my drinking/fishing pals and I made a new chicken run a few weeks ago, just had enough fencing to go around! :hyper:
Wow you have done it all eh, have you and do you know how to shoo a horse ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow that was cold even the snow wasn't gone at Sealand.

You have to weigh each stock and certainly never fit an adjustable comb unless you want +15%. Beware the stocker who reaches the target weight and then re-attaches the buttpad. The relationship is between the barrel weight and the stock weight (the action being a constant). Work out what suits you.

I bet it was cold dont think i will bother tomorow is it open good Fri do you know

Any more news about how they shoot?

There was talk in an earlier thread which is now closed that they won't shoot fibre shells very well due to the loss of pressure arising from the long overbored barrels which Salopian felt at the time did not meet English proof laws

heavy, ok, nothing special. i opted for another perazzi. 2 dealer i spoke to said they are dead products, no traction and lots to move. Wait and watch the price bomb.

also, maybe this is why betertta are increasing their sponsorship and marketing in competitive shooting as they are exposed... must have been a lot of investment.

heavy, ok, nothing special. i opted for another perazzi. 2 dealer i spoke to said they are dead products, no traction and lots to move. Wait and watch the price bomb.

also, maybe this is why betertta are increasing their sponsorship and marketing in competitive shooting as they are exposed... must have been a lot of investment.
They should have stuck with the DT10, it was a great gun, I shot mine well enough for about five years.

I have a contact of a bloke in north Wales who is very very good i have seen his work and many top shooters have used him he charges about 160 for an adj comb. I would trust him with mine if i wanted it doing. Pm me if you want his no
I think this may be the chap who fitted adjustable combs to two of my guns. His work is excellent.

Your right pal, we did and I have just checked and yours is indeed a mm or so different. Funny this gun fit thing is it not, even the slightest difference can make a gun feel totally different, for instance same same drop at comb but different length or different pitch or different grip etc can make a whole heap of difference to how it feels.
It certainly is. I don't think that most people realise the importance of pitch. It probably affects how a gun feels and mounts more than anything else.

I have a bunch of washers between the pad and stock at the top screw to correct pitch...will get it cut eventually :D

Can you cast or bend the stock on a DT10 or 11? I only ask because a fairly reliable source commented the other day that because of how the trigger group is that there isn't enough wood at the rear of the action for it to be bent because of the action. Could have been a load of tosh! If so how are you supposed to fit the gun properly if it doesn't suit you?

Can you cast or bend the stock on a DT10 or 11? I only ask because a fairly reliable source commented the other day that because of how the trigger group is that there isn't enough wood at the rear of the action for it to be bent because of the action. Could have been a load of tosh! If so how are you supposed to fit the gun properly if it doesn't suit you?
Don't know for sure, but does sound incorrect. Anyway, there are a few ways of altering a stock without bending it, including re profiling the front face so it changes its angle to the receiver and also shaving the comb profile (as was done with mine).

I recall a thread on here a while back that was concerning gunfit and mentioned Dt10s. Somebody recalled taking  one to top gunfitter Tim Woodhouse to have it fitted and his suggestion was to go and get ano gun. In other words they can be hard to fit to 'normal' shaped shooters.

I looked at a fixed comb DT10 last week and the comb was miles too low for me (and I dont like the grip). He suggested that altering it to fit me would be tricky, even though I'm not that radical in my stock requirements. . The store owner (who I have a lot of time for) suggested a trip to Italy to get a custom stock made....... 

I agree with Clever that you can alter the head of the stock to move it a little.

I recall a thread on here a while back that was concerning gunfit and mentioned Dt10s. Somebody recalled taking  one to top gunfitter Tim Woodhouse to have it fitted and his suggestion was to go and get ano gun. In other words they can be hard to fit to 'normal' shaped shooters.

I looked at a fixed comb DT10 last week and the comb was miles too low for me (and I dont like the grip). He suggested that altering it to fit me would be tricky, even though I'm not that radical in my stock requirements. . The store owner (who I have a lot of time for) suggested a trip to Italy to get a custom stock made....... 

I agree with Clever that you can alter the head of the stock to move it a little.
This is no reflection on you or what you may have heard but; any gun can be made to fit any person..pretty much, so that is likely to be a load of old bollox mate.   :)

What is more likely,is the owner of the gun would only accept minor surgery to his gun, for whatever reason (money, cosmetics?)...but needed major surgery.

Its a bit of wood...where is the mystery?  You make it longer or shorter,bend it..add bits or remove bits.

Of course, this takes time and costs money..which is not always to everybody's liking and may have cosmetic consequences.

If the comb is too low, then you add material or pay £190 for an adjustable comb to be cut into it...then you can have the height you need and do the cast at the same time.

I agree Gary  :)  sounds like an urban myth. If the DT10's were so unfittable the Americans would have had tons of threads about it on their forums.

I have a bunch of washers between the pad and stock at the top screw to correct pitch...will get it cut eventually :D
Wouldn't do that mate, I would get a spacer/fillet made to fill the space, in time your shoulder muscle may change and you may want it back to normal. An 8mm or 6 mm Bakelite spacer is about £9 then some work on a belt sander to make it taper to suit your pitch measurements would be the route I would follow, ask Tom if Jim will have a wee look.

Latest posts

Back