Beretta DT10 X Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIMON-B

Does anyone own/use one of these for sporting/fitasc. With DT 10 prices dropping I might be tempted as I like the black action and the looks. Any info from users please.

Dt10 is a well built gun that felt good when I was in the shop had it six months and could not get used to it I shoot fine with the 68 series.as I said a very reliable well made gun and well worth a shot at the prices you can find them now you won't lose much if it doesn't work for you

I have been shooting a 682 gold e for years and get on well with it, any particular reasons for not getting on with the DT 10.

chicken curry no worry

I have just started using one for sporting and FITASC and its great. Be careful if you buy one as some of the 'mint condition' DT10 X's for sale at the moment are really tired! Iv always shot DT10's and have never had an issue with any iv owned.

Ok here goes from a trap perspective. I have had countles beretta incl 4 dt10 one of which was an X it worked sometimes but I found it difficult to acheive any consiistency, its not particularily high rib but enough to notice and personally I found that when I missed I had no idea were I missed it was as though you had no feedback from the gun. Also its a very heavy gun in or out of the shoulder. The trap model was primarily made for ATA and therefor shot very high so much so that you had to shoot a very flat rib compared to a std gun. Now the above is my experience with the X for trap so sporting may be different so take it with a pinch of salt if you wish

That isnt the case....the high rib is purely for target pick up so if you set it up for the amount of rib you like to see it'll shoot the same as any other gun. If you set it flat it will shoot flat... set it high it will shoot high. As for weight its down to the shooter, they are slightly heavier than a standard DT10 and slightly barrel heavy.

Ok whatever you say, but I made it clear I was talking trap and the trap one shoots high my friend it still throws a high pattern set flat as it was made for ATA and they like a near 100 % poi. The sporter is probably different. Weight is a personal thing and I found them heavy compared to std it matters not what the scales say as its down to were the weight is between the hands. Anyway I am not going to argue about it I have only had about 12 berettas in 28 yrs so what do I know.

Ok whatever you say, but I made it clear I was talking trap and the trap one shoots high my friend it still throws a high pattern set flat as it was made for ATA and they like a near 100 % poi. The sporter is probably different. Weight is a personal thing and I found them heavy compared to std it matters not what the scales say as its down to were the weight is between the hands. Anyway I am not going to argue about it I have only had about 12 berettas in 28 yrs so what do I know.
Get a Perazzi.......just saying :wink:

Wow why so personal????

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a chance to handle a standard DT10 and found them action heavy and barrel light, so the heavier barrels may be helpful. As others have said weight in the right places can feel balanced and I'm a big lump so not that effected. Thanks for the replies people, everyones opinion is valid please play nicely. :D

chicken curry no worry

You're more than welcome to have a pop with mine where in the south east are you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob, I didnt mean it to come across that way badly worded maybe.

I have set an X up to the rib I like to see and could not hit a barn door, I patterned it and found out why, the rib is tapered down to the muzzle quite a lot on the trap version (this m4ay not be the case with the sporter) unlike some other high rib such ss 682x which is fairly parallel therefore there is an inbuilt high poi anyway. This was my experience and as I said in reply to the op it is my experience from a trap perspective. A reply categoricaly stating that this is not the case could have been worded on the lines of "in my experience of a sporter" etc etc. Just seemed a bit blunt to me.

I dont know why people take any criticism of a gun they own so personally.

ips im not trying to argue, obviously you are far more experienced in the matter. Id quite happily shoot sporting with any gun as long as it is set right I hardly see a criticism of a gun as a personal attack.

I shoot all over the place but I coach at Owls Lodge.....just over the hour mark for you to get to id imagine. Feel free to come shoot it :hunter:

ips im not trying to argue, obviously you are far more experienced in the matter. Id quite happily shoot sporting with any gun as long as it is set right I hardly see a criticism of a gun as a personal attack.

I shoot all over the place but I coach at Owls Lodge.....just over the hour mark for you to get to id imagine. Feel free to come shoot it :hunter:
Cheers Chris I've always wanted to shoot there, will pm you if I get the chance to head that way.

chicken curry no worry

Chris

we seeem to have got off on the wrong foot here which can happen when only using typed text rather than face to face.

lets start again, first off welcome to the forum.

we all know that peoples opinions and perceptions on guns differ every aspect is subjective such as weight and handling charecteristics. I have no idea about sporting and make the statement many times so dont know if the sporter version is same as the trap if it is not then your experience will not be the same as mine with the trap one. Your offer for the op to try yours 1st is a good idea for the op.

regards - ian

Seems that way Ian.

Maybe you should give sporting a go sometime  :biggrin:

The gun is a try before you buy for sure as there are a lot of mixed opinions on them!

Regards

I have set an X up to the rib I like to see and could not hit a barn door, I patterned it and found out why, the rib is tapered down to the muzzle quite a lot on the trap version (this m4ay not be the case with the sporter) 
I have never shot a DT10X but if that is the case then it would make it shoot appreciably high, a 682EX I had for a while had normal POI so could easily be used for ESP. Incidentally I'm not aware of a Sporting version DT10X.

Latest posts

Back