Beretta DT10 Query

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've had three days of shooting two DT10 guns one proofed in 2003, the other in 2007.

I have discovered that double discharging is still alive and well and happened with both of them. Plus in one, random ejector operation.  

Both will be returned to the RFD and my interest in a possible addition to my gun cabinet totally extinguished. I'm sure that there's a perfect example out there but not for me.

Thank you to all who provided useful information.  
Drat..  I was hoping you needed to find room in the cabinet and move the one off perazzi on, possibly  in my direction. 

Drat..  I was hoping you needed to find room in the cabinet and move the one off perazzi on, possibly  in my direction. 
The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30" MK38 G5 sporter.  Staying would be my 1970 Browning A1 skeet gun (fond memories of the start of my shooting career at Bedford GC, and nemesis of countless pheasants and pigeons since). My special Perazzi MX8 and my unmolested 1996 32" Beretta 682 Gold trap gun.

" The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30"MK38 G5 sporter."

With comments like that may I suggest you change your name to 'Philistine'.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Me.  I shot my first one for five years and I still have her.  My second one I shall be buried with.
OK - I'll cop to having a Beretta - but it's a 682 Sporting thing that I got for my wife in '92 when a mid-West dealer had them on special sale pricing.  Replaced a Browning.  Has 72cm barrels, mobile chokes (gun shows and ebay provided 2 of every size and a couple extended hahaha), and the rare factory ports.  She shot pigeons and OT with it before the MX8.  Actually a dandy little gun and I still use it for skeet now and then.

" The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30"MK38 G5 sporter."

With comments like that may I suggest you change your name to 'Philistine'.

🤣🤣🤣🤣
It may well be that is already the case.  Your presumption is that it is not. :eek:k:  Flipping the MK38's would likely not impose any hardship and the philistine-ing is mostly negated by the Perazzi retention.

I totally understand Phil's reasoning.

The ones he wants to keep would be very hard to replace. The Perazzi impossible. 

MK38s, well they are like the proverbial. 

May I suggest you change your name to Wonko the Insane?🤣🤣
Over the years that I've used that name many suggestions as to changing it have been made.  Mostly I'm sure by people who have no clue as to its origin.  Or their ignorance in many regards.  And over the years those comments that I've seen (like some of yours  :poke: ) have only convinced me of the appropriateness of the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the years that I've used that name many suggestions as to changing it have been made.  Mostly I'm sure by people who have no clue as to its origin.  Or their ignorance in many regards.  And over the years those comments that I've seen (like some of yours  :poke: ) have only convinced me of the appropriateness of the name.
I love your posts mr wonko as they keep me awake at night trying to work em out 😄

Seen any green-winged angels on scooters lately?

Well I've had three days of shooting two DT10 guns one proofed in 2003, the other in 2007.

I have discovered that double discharging is still alive and well and happened with both of them. Plus in one, random ejector operation.  

Both will be returned to the RFD and my interest in a possible addition to my gun cabinet totally extinguished. I'm sure that there's a perfect example out there but not for me.

Thank you to all who provided useful information.  
The guns being moved on would've been my 32" MK38 G5 trap gun and 30" MK38 G5 sporter.  

Well the old saying "never say never" rings true.  The above two have gone and a pristine DT10 2008 32" trap gun now resides in my cabinet along side my MX8, 682 Gold and A1.

Latest posts

Back