Beretta DT10 Query

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's no old chestnut, it is absolutely 100% true fact, the guy is called Scott Collett and he works at Greenfields, he changed (and broke) the spring while I watched, for all I know he owns and carries 4 springs ! The other FACT is that as a rule DT10's don't let go of their V springs, I didn't say they never do nor did I say Perazzi did or didn't although I would place a large bet that as a rule they break more often than their Beretta counterparts. 
 I am not in any doubt whatsoever Perazzi's do break springs more regularly than those fitted to a Beretta DT10 BUT  it is an old chestnut that  A the springs are seen breaking regularly... unless many years is regularly and B there is any mystique in the fitting of a spring BUT as I have pointed out to Phil when a Beretta spring does break you need to have the tools and now how to fix it yourself in a workshop or take it to a smith... the fellow in my example of what can happen had to take it to a smith who had to get the part and the fix it which actually took a few weeks ... instead of two minutes. Anyway we don't want anybody else dropping off to sleep now do we so I will just stop here by for now  :)  

I have never ever had a B break a spring and i have had 5 dt10....dont ask. Neither have i ever witnessed one break. I have however seen many P guns break em and have known quite a few serious trap shooters carry spare springs and spare groups. Fact.

PS

There is nothing quite like  B v P thread....apart from a poi or poa one 😄

I have never ever had a B break a spring and i have had 5 dt10....dont ask. Neither have i ever witnessed one break. I have however seen many P guns break em and have known quite a few serious trap shooters carry spare springs and spare groups. Fact.

PS

There is nothing quite like  B v P thread....apart from a poi or poa one 😄
Ian ... this is not as PvB thread my bad sorry. As an aside one of the most popular trap guns shot down here is the P MX8 I know I have not be shooting that long really but in the time I have I have only seen three springs actually break two P's and one B DT10 as to springs I always carry a spare set... I would not waste the money on a spare trigger group it take two mins to change a spring the comps I shoot in would give you more than enough time to change a spring even if it was i the boot of your car and you had to fetch it  :)  

To all concerned I am not interested in the merits of a Perazzi, I've owned them since the late 80's. I've got a spare trigger set that has been used on countless occasions over the years by me and my wife when main springs have broken. I don't need lecturing by someone, who in relative terms, has owned one Perazzi for five minutes.

I'm interested in the pro's and con's of a DT10 that is all.  If you have nothing pertinent regarding this Beretta model please keep your opinions to yourself.

To all concerned I am not interested in the merits of a Perazzi, I've owned them since the late 80's. I've got a spare trigger set that has been used on countless occasions over the years by me and my wife when main springs have broken. I don't need lecturing by someone, who in relative terms, has owned one Perazzi for five minutes.

I'm interested in the pro's and con's of a DT10 that is all.  If you have nothing pertinent regarding this Beretta model please keep your opinions to yourself.
Ok, here goes.

The DT10 is a fabulous gun, its only fault as is the case for ALL Beretta models is ejector timing issues which is no big deal as its an easy fix for a Smith, a five minute job. Trigger pulls are brilliant no drag and a crisp break usually at around 3 1/2 pound ish. The only crap one i have had was the dt10x trap which was a bag of absolute sh*te on a monumental scale. Comb height is usually low for a trap gun as is the case for all Beretta trap models unless you get lucky and get a factory ordered 28 - 38 stock. Balance of the 10 is as good as it gets and they are lively but manageable. 

Ok, here goes.

The DT10 is a fabulous gun, its only fault as is the case for ALL Beretta models is ejector timing issues which is no big deal as its an easy fix for a Smith, a five minute job. Trigger pulls are brilliant no drag and a crisp break usually at around 3 1/2 pound ish. The only crap one i have had was the dt10x trap which was a bag of absolute sh*te on a monumental scale. Comb height is usually low for a trap gun as is the case for all Beretta trap models unless you get lucky and get a factory ordered 28 - 38 stock. Balance of the 10 is as good as it gets and they are lively but manageable. 
Thank you Ian. Unfortunately standard factory trap stock dimensions don't suit my physiology. My stock drop dimensions are 37/47 !

I am sorry I have upset you in some way? Anyway unless you are reading very selectively I have advised you on the merits of a Beretta DT10 as posted above and quoted below

"I am informing you contrary to what you have been told ... they do on occasion break springs AND they guy I know who broke one had several weeks to get his gun back from the smith. As to the spring change you know Perazzi's and you no BS when you read it... yes lucky he carried two spares and lucky the were both for the correct barrel......."

what does that mean?.. well unless there is an onsite smith or you carry your own workshop with you you might need a spare trigger unit because if a  DT10 spring does break, and although I have only been shooting five minutes I have seen it happen, it is not an easy and quick repair. Have a nice evening now I am sorry to derailed your thread and upset you.

Thank you Ian. Unfortunately standard factory trap stock dimensions don't suit my physiology. My stock drop dimensions are 37/47 !
Bloody ell phil how low are your cheek bones 😁 34 - 44 is the lowest a DT10 will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry I have upset you in some way? Anyway unless you are reading very selectively I have advised you on the merits of a Beretta DT10 as posted above and quoted below

"I am informing you contrary to what you have been told ... they do on occasion break springs AND they guy I know who broke one had several weeks to get his gun back from the smith. As to the spring change you know Perazzi's and you no BS when you read it... yes lucky he carried two spares and lucky the were both for the correct barrel......."

what does that mean?.. well unless there is an onsite smith or you carry your own workshop with you you might need a spare trigger unit because if a  DT10 spring does break, and although I have only been shooting five minutes I have seen it happen, it is not an easy and quick repair. Have a nice evening now I am sorry to derailed your thread and upset you.
The first sentence of my original post was this. "Can any past or present DT10 owners give me a heads up on any specific problems to look out for with them".

Quite simply if you don't match the above criteria jwpzx9r there's no need for you to comment or blather on about your Perazzi main springs or anecdotal tales of spring breakages in backwater France. 

The first sentence of my original post was this. "Can any past or present DT10 owners give me a heads up on any specific problems to look out for with them".

Quite simply if you don't match the above criteria jwpzx9r there's no need for you to comment or blather on about your Perazzi main springs or anecdotal tales of spring breakages in backwater France. 
Ok.

The answer succinctly is.... Nothing.

Because there are no known faults other than ejector timing which is a Beretta thing across the range and an easy fix. 

ips & PhilR,

I was unfortunate enough to own an early DT10 , the problems that I had were , Doubling , jumping open after first shot ( new locking bolt at less than 3 months old ) but the last straw was upon firing , barrels moved forward from breech block due to poor / lack of soldering to the barrels to monobloc , the same weekend mine happened a friend had an identical failure at another ground , both guns were hurredly recalled by GMK and replaced , mine was immediately sold (at a loss ) my friend also sold his and was not compensated for his custom fitted stock , so both of us had large financial losses , I then heard of many dissastisfied DT10 owners , but subsequently I do believe Beretta pulled their finger out and improved the quality and the model , enough for many DT11 owners to sell up and revert to DT10's .

With regard to Trap Guns there is only one really reliable brand !

Only repeating what a gunsmith of 40 years experience and in particular on Perazzis told me!
I can only say that springs and doubling have as much relationship as sock color and score.

Could it be that since the other V spring (almost certainly will be) several years old then it's wise to make sure both springs have a similar "boing" value, makes sense to me as they advise the same when cars shock absorbers fail. 
Again - how could that in any conceivable way contribute to doubling?

FWIW a gentleman I shoot with has had a DT10 for some time now and has had not one bit of trouble with it.  And he shoots a LOT!  And it is a nice looking gun besides.  For a Beretta.

How do you know what the water is like in France and what does that have to do with Perazzi springs anyway?

Why are you even asking?.. We know you won't keep it long enough to break even if it was made of tin and the springs of wood. 

I can only ask - who would want to keep a Beretta for any length of time?    :hmm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've had three days of shooting two DT10 guns one proofed in 2003, the other in 2007.

I have discovered that double discharging is still alive and well and happened with both of them. Plus in one, random ejector operation.  

Both will be returned to the RFD and my interest in a possible addition to my gun cabinet totally extinguished. I'm sure that there's a perfect example out there but not for me.

Thank you to all who provided useful information.  

Latest posts

Back