Beretta dt 11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not heard that there is mate. A shame as now a massive gap between 11 and SO

Incidentally i nearly bought an so but decided that the dt10eell was probably a better bet and would take more punishment week in week out also at 10k less it was massive saving. Also so5 is no were near as pretty as its predecessors or the dt eell IMO

The so,s are stunning Far to nice for clay busting unless I win the lotto, I can't see the point in a dt11 eell as paying more for a side plate, now an so side lock I can see the point to them.

I understand your view however you are not paying just for a side plate they are a totally different gun to the std dt, better balance and more refined altogether. Attention to detai etc.

The so,s are stunning Far to nice for clay busting unless I win the lotto, I can't see the point in a dt11 eell as paying more for a side plate, now an so side lock I can see the point to them.
The SO's are soft in comparison to the DT's...

Not heard that there is mate. A shame as now a massive gap between 11 and SO
There seems to be this trend of competition style actions like the dt11, 692, b725. I still think Beretta and Browning need to offer scroll ot game scene engraving on all models and grades preferably.

I just don't see the point in side plates if they don't Serve a Function, but it don't mean I don't Appreciate there Beauty and the eell would have better wood, but Underneath its the same gun with the same Reliability or lack of it whatever the case may be, any of the gunsmiths I talked to said the ase90 was the best sporting gun beretta ever made, but far as I can tell theres not a huge Difference between them and the dt 10 and there's not a huge Difference between dt10 and 11, and after this trouble I'm having with the 11 I'm sorry I didn't buy a clean 32 dt 10

With respect the eell version of any model is an aspirational purchase mainly based i admit on the aesthetics for those who like side plate however they are a different gun to the standard version due to more attention to detail incl balance. Trust me i have had 4 dt's of different sorts and there it no comparison. I agree that the ase 90 was indeed the best clay gun beretta ever made unless were talking value for money then it would be the original 682 gold IMO. As for the 10 being similar to the 11 well i don't think that is true there a totally different beast.

Hope yours is sorted soon.

Shot the dt11 and a friends dt10 back to back and not as different as you might think, the 11 feels bigger but I think that's mostly down to the bigger stock and palm swell, I couldn't Notice the Difference in Weight when shooting them Both Balance well, I know beretta clam better Patterns with the 11s new Barrels but I don't think any of us believe that, and Mechanically there the same gun, 11 has Wider Receiver bigger stock but I fail to see any other Difference, thanks for wishing me well with getting mine Sorted, I'm not knocking the 11 but is it any better than the 10 I think I'd have to find a better shot than myself to ask.....

Well lets not go down the 10 v 11 route again as some folk take it personally. I accept your judgement regarding there similarity as you have shot them both whereas i haven't so can't comment. Keep us updated on yours.

Regards - Ian

Shot the dt11 and a friends dt10 back to back and not as different as you might think, the 11 feels bigger but I think that's mostly down to the bigger stock and palm swell, I couldn't Notice the Difference in Weight when shooting them Both Balance well, I know beretta clam better Patterns with the 11s new Barrels but I don't think any of us believe that, and Mechanically there the same gun, 11 has Wider Receiver bigger stock but I fail to see any other Difference, thanks for wishing me well with getting mine Sorted, I'm not knocking the 11 but is it any better than the 10 I think I'd have to find a better shot than myself to ask.....
So what's happening with the DT11 now? Have you made any progress with GMK or Beretta?

Just sent an email to my dealer cause I haven't herd a word back from them I emailed GMK, there reply was take it back to dealer and have him ship it back to them, I'm going to phone dealer Monday an see if they can arrange that( demand they arrange that) I picked up a second hand 391 as a back up gun and low and behold first time out it failed to feed twice ( no more guns till 2013 is over) searched it and came up with twisted shell Carrier- lifter, any one know anything about this fault? Never owned an auto and was Surprised how much I Enjoyed shooting it, it's a bit to lively But I was getting used to it in the end, keep you's posted on the DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't help re auto

I am sure yours will be sorted gmk have always been good with me in the past.

Just sent an email to my dealer cause I haven't herd a word back from them I emailed GMK, there reply was take it back to dealer and have him ship it back to them, I'm going to phone dealer Monday an see if they can arrange that( demand they arrange that) I picked up a second hand 391 as a back up gun and low and behold first time out it failed to feed twice ( no more guns till 2013 is over) searched it and came up with twisted shell Carrier- lifter, any one know anything about this fault? Never owned an auto and was Surprised how much I Enjoyed shooting it, it's a bit to lively But I was getting used to it in the end, keep you's posted on the DT
Looking at a few posts, take the carrier out...straighten it and put it back.

If not, get on the phone to GMK, explain who you are.  tell them you have had to purchase a second gun while your DT11 is being looked at, explain the issue and have them send you a new carrier.

http://www.sportingclays.net/forums/thread.cfm?threadid=3263&messages=3

If of course, that is really the issue.  Have you fully striped, cleaned and lubed the gun?  You using appropriate loads?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say it could be the Carrier, I striped an cleaned everything, when I got home so I will see what happens next time out ( to be honest it wasn't very dirty) my Suspicious mind tells me maybe that's y Previous owner sold it? If its d carrier no big deal everything is very easy to strip on the gun, I might give it a mini service and order recoil spring as well, I might even tell GMK to keep the DT and send me an A400 (joking ) but I do intend to get back in to a little Rough shooting and think the auto would be ideal for the job ? Thanks for the Reply's and advice

As for the loads I was using hull pro one's 28g, I think by the Symptoms it's d carrier the empty sell ejected but the live shell seemed to Wedge and hold the bolt open ( didn't align Correctly to enter the Chamber) but I know very little about autos ?

A mate of mine had dt 11 with exactly the same problem as you describe. He's a member of this forum as ( white gold ) send him a pm and he'll tell you what hapened and how to get it sorted. He's a triple A shot and it buggered him up for while flinching and stuff

Thanks Ashley but the only problem I'm having with the dt is the coating coming off the action face,

So were are you with it now has it gone back and have gmk said anything yet as to what is to be done.

Latest posts

Back