Beretta dt 11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just back from the shooting ground shot 80 shells Alternating from from bottom barrel first to top first after every pair didn't fail once (I'm a happy man) it was playing on my mind , I don't know what fixed it i will keep switching barrels when I'm shooting till I know for sure it won't happen again
Thanks every one for the replies
Gavin

Maybe something had a bur edge and just needed wearing in so as you say fingers crossed.

How are you finding the 11 so far, seemed a heavy gun when i have put them up but i suspect they balance very well once mounted.

I find it very nice very steady for long crossers it is a bit front heavy need to put more shells thru it, it seems to hit clays hard at range but that might just be in my head I'm just hoping its not to big and heavy for close fast stuff but so far I'm not finding that

Had my dt 11 for 7 months now and 3 weeks after owning it it went back for ejector problems. Come back from GMK 6 weeks later not fixed so ended up having to sort it out. But no problems with it since.. Great gun and soft on the shoulder but may be due to the weight.

Shot a round of sporting yesterday and the problem was back dropped it in to the gunsmith this morning just got a phone call to say its ready for collection fingers crossed hope I get to talk to the gunsmith and find out what the problem was

Picked the gun up said he regulated the inertia block just tried it with snap caps and its engaging with a light tap on the butt of the stock

More Problems with the dt11 more Cosmetic than anything else but not happy the coating is coming off the face of the Receiver any advice

See if this works

post-541-0-59375000-1375706022.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 0
What Les said straight back to GMK you will of course be without for at least two weeks but from my experience they are pretty good with warranty work. Must say I don't like the look of it, is it definitely not just some cack, have you had a good scrub at it ?

See it in the photo bottom firing pin opening
That looks a disgrace, well if it's what it looks like it is! I've never seen anything like that before, looks terrible, especially on a high quality gun. Give it back to the dealer at once, you should not have had that sort of trouble.

As far as I'm aware it's some kind of nickel coating what u see in the photo is not a build up its a Cavity in the Receiver where some of this coating came away. It's going to be a pain cause I'm in ireland and it's my only shotgun at the moment, I don't believe a nickel based coating can be touched up and wouldn't be happy with that anyhow are we talking new receiver new gun?

Never seen it before mate and I have had at least 10 berettas 

I don't like the look of it, your prob right about not being able to touch it up I certainly cant see how it could be done.

Don't think you have any choice but to send back to GMK.

I for one will be very interested in the outcome.

Never seen it before mate and I have had at least 10 berettas 

I don't like the look of it, your prob right about not being able to touch it up I certainly cant see how it could be done.

Don't think you have any choice but to send back to GMK.

I for one will be very interested in the outcome.
I have never seen such a thing either, I've had three Berettas and had one or two mechanical issues, but NEVER anything like that. Let's face it, the DT11 is Beretta's flagship gun these days, it is supposed to be a high quality product, therefore something like flakes of metal coming off from the action face is very worrying indeed. My guess is that they will simply change the whole gun, it's easier for them to do that than changing the action body and fitting everything to it. At the end of the day this sort of thing should not happen to a gun of that price, in fact it should not happen to ANY gun really, it is simply not acceptable.

Agree with les.

Think i would demand a replacement gun to be honest as i can't see what remedial work can be carried out.

Thanks for the replies, the Reason I bought the gun was I loved the wood on it and fits like a glove, I'd be very Worried about them replacing it, and Quality of wood on the replacement, I don't think this will run Smoothly as I'm in ireland the dealer I got it from is no longer a Maine beretta dealer ( was sol beretta irish dealer ) till about 6 months ago. Not even sure if there is and irish importer any more or if everything comes thru GMK uk

Thanks for the replies, the Reason I bought the gun was I loved the wood on it and fits like a glove, I'd be very Worried about them replacing it, and Quality of wood on the replacement, I don't think this will run Smoothly as I'm in ireland the dealer I got it from is no longer a Maine beretta dealer ( was sol beretta irish dealer ) till about 6 months ago. Not even sure if there is and irish importer any more or if everything comes thru GMK uk
Well even if he's not a Beretta main agent anymore, he can still point you in the direction of the importer and should in fact take things up with them on your behalf, or with GMK if they are responsible. In the UK your first port of call would always be with the dealer who sold it to you, they are responsible for getting it sorted. I don't know how things work in Ireland though. Have you spoken to the dealer that you bought it from, if so what did he say?

Haven't spoken to him only seen it on the Receiver saturday and its a bank holiday here today, sent the photo I put up here to them so might hear something tomorrow ? If not il phone thanks for the advice, not happy at all as in only a short time with the gun iv put in some good scores and a personal best of 47-50 and a 91-100 just Typical of my luck!!!

Back