Beretta dt 11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All you need is a dealer to post it back to gmk they are responsible for the warranty the dealer is just that a dealer. May be worth contacting gmk 1st they may instruct you were to take it and will prob arrange collection.

Thanks for the help il let you's know how I get on, think its going to be a long haul

Talked to my dealer today he is forwarding my photo on to beretta, he said beretta withdrew from Ireland, so might have to go thru GMK, said he never seen that before and any DT10 in Ireland would have came thru him as he was sole Supplier. Keep you's posted

Just so you know, there have been issues in the past with the nickel Coating that Beretta used.  The part is coated before it is fully machined or engraved.

etc Some guns have had the coating flake off, some have gone rusty because the engraving, goes through the coating.

This was not on DT11's though.  I would imagine yours was coated, then the striker holes were machined and teh coating slightly chipped...a few shells worth of hot gasses getting under it has lifted that bit.

I would have cried ;)

I am sure gmk will sort this out for you but what a shame you have had this problem. Good luck with it keep us posted.

I would strongly advise you to talk to GMK directly, they might be in a position to replace the action, although this would require them to match your barrels to the new action, that way you get to keep the wood and fit. GMK have excellent customer service IMO and will definitely do all they can to rectify this for you.

Friend of mine turned up yesterday with a new 11 trap. I didnt shoot it but it felt much lighter and better balanced than the ones i have handled in the past i wonder if they have deliberately altered the weight and balance since the early ones or if it was just down to wood density. Oh and the comb was higher also in fact at 34 - 44 it was near perfect for me. Still not my taste aesthetically but nice if you like that kind of modern look.

Last edited by a moderator:
. Still not my taste aesthetically but nice if you like that kind of modern look.
Funny you should say that Ian!!!! I caught sight of a lad with one yesterday and I didn't even notice the blue script on it, maybe me coloured glasses toned the blue down!!! But seriously, it looked a lot better out in the daylight than the ones I've seen in the gun shops, he shot it well enough too, but he had GBR on his back so I guess he would!!!!!

Talked to my dealer today he is forwarding my photo on to beretta, he said beretta withdrew from Ireland, so might have to go thru GMK, said he never seen that before and any DT10 in Ireland would have came thru him as he was sole Supplier. Keep you's posted
Any further news on the DT11?

Friend of mine turned up yesterday with a new 11 trap. I didnt shoot it but it felt much lighter and better balanced than the ones i have handled in the past i wonder if they have deliberately altered the weight and balance since the early ones or if it was just down to wood density. Oh and the comb was higher also in fact at 34 - 44 it was near perfect for me. Still not my taste aesthetically but nice if you like that kind of modern look.
The gun that inspired your friend shot 99 yesterday so that one might be staying. Well done Chris Tate

The Winchester that came second on 97 was so old it must be worth hundreds of pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun that inspired your friend shot 99 yesterday so that one might be staying. Well done Chris Tate

The Winchester that came second on 97 was so old it must be worth hundreds of pounds.
They have an old Winchester three barrel  in the gun shop at SC Fred.......and it ain't cheap either! Looks in good nick and has a nice case that takes the whole set. Pretty rare bit of kit, as are most Winchesters these days (no not those new fangled ones), I mean the 101, Diamond Grades etc. They were bloody good old guns,in fact I think Dick Fletton is still using one.

They have an old Winchester three barrel  in the gun shop at SC Fred.......and it ain't cheap either! Looks in good nick and has a nice case that takes the whole set. Pretty rare bit of kit, as are most Winchesters these days (no not those new fangled ones), I mean the 101, Diamond Grades etc. They were bloody good old guns,in fact I think Dick Fletton is still using one.
He was when he shot that 97

No more news, I'm not in any hurry to get it sorted as I don't have a second gun, I'v paid a deposit on a used beretta 391 as a knock about gun when I get that il put some pressure on

On the weight of the dt11 it's not down to wood Density as mine comes in at 9lb4oz 9lb2oz without chokes but there is lead in the stock to Balance it

Didn't feel like a 9lb gun, as I say it balanced very well I believe they have altered something since the early ones, perhaps the weighted stock ?

I think all the 32,s come in around the 9lb mark but I don't find the wight an issue only time it feels heavier than any other 32 is when it's broken, and I shoot gun down

Back