Beretta dt 11

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Creosote works well and also helps keep the nasal passages clear on those wet, cold & windy days...not to be sniffed at :bad: .....Creosote will prolong the life of any old gate post
Its been a decade since creosote was made illegal for sale to or use by the public so this is a very old and out of date remedy!

Its been a decade since creosote was made illegal for sale to or use by the public so this is a very old and out of date remedy!
To the untrained eye Robert that may seem the case BUT look carefully at any shoot and you soon realise that shifty looking beretta guy standing behind the bush rubbing his nose and sniffing more then usual is dealing creosote on the black market to other beretta users :keeporder:  despite a ban the heady waft of creosote is still evident at most shoots, the Beretta world being so bad that it is said a smog cloud hangs over the area for days after. . tut tut!! :swoon:

Just had a Trade letter from Beretta GMK.

' You are to be advised that any gun returned to us for repair under the terms of the guarantee that has been treated with Cuprinol. The owners in the event of replacement of the gun will only be reimbursed for the cost price. NOT at Least double for the product enhancement.

We have and always have, only recommended that Beretta's have their wood enhanced by copious amounts of Bacon or Burger fat being rubbed into them whilst discussing " how did I miss that ? "  over a mug of tea.' :haha:

Put a 100 shells thru her today it shot where I expected so no having to get used to a new gun, had a lot of chippy breaks but that was me not the gun, I was out of pro-ones what I normally shoot so used fob viper recoil seemed a slight bit more than with the other gun but could be the shells as iv never shot fob thru the other gun

Just had a Trade letter from Beretta GMK.

' You are to be advised that any gun returned to us for repair under the terms of the guarantee that has been treated with Cuprinol. The owners in the event of replacement of the gun will only be reimbursed for the cost price. NOT at Least double for the product enhancement.

We have and always have, only recommended that Beretta's have their wood enhanced by copious amounts of Bacon or Burger fat being rubbed into them whilst discussing " how did I miss that ? "  over a mug of tea.' :haha:
Ha, this is actually no laughing matter as I have yet to get a new gun from Beretta that has even the slightest oil applied. Even the EELL with a list price at the time of 12.5k was as dry as the proverbial and to make matters worse it got soaking wet at the first shoot on the day I collected it and the grain lifted, I was very nearly in tears and had to refinish the whole stock. I approached GMK trade stand the same weekend but had little sympathy.

It's getting like buying a car with no paint?

Why do we put up with this treatment (when I say we, I mean you) because I would want mine finished properly for that price!

I was talking to a Director of one of the the largest Beretta retailers in the UK recently about this very subject. His reasoning was that if Beretta saved just 1p on every gun they produce, then that's good for their profits. By not finishing their guns properly it must be saving them more than that per unit so the accountants are happy.

I'd say it will come back and bite them on the a**se through warranty problems. Look at the amount of top lever snagging we have heard about on the "New 692". It seems to be due to wood swelling under the lever in our damp climate, even before it's taken out in the rain. Wait long enough and we'll see stocks and fore-ends splitting due to this.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Berettas, but I can see loss of consumer confidence on the horizon.  :biggrin:

Ha, this is actually no laughing matter as I have yet to get a new gun from Beretta that has even the slightest oil applied. Even the EELL with a list price at the time of 12.5k was as dry as the proverbial and to make matters worse it got soaking wet at the first shoot on the day I collected it and the grain lifted, I was very nearly in tears and had to refinish the whole stock. I approached GMK trade stand the same weekend but had little sympathy.
Ian you and i have had enough berettas to know that their stocks always come out pretty dry mate, but they always end up looking good with time spent on them! On the other hand Miroku nearly always take very little effort at all to make them look superb. Finishing a stock ones self can be very frustrating at times,but it can also be very rewarding too.

Back