Beretta 692

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first negative review that I am aware of especially from an apparently dedicated Beretta fan. I would welcome a bit more insight from you on this matter which might help myself and others.

Was the DT10 that you bought a new gun or second-hand? I am only wondering if your budget was limited to approximately the price of a 692. If not, did you consider a DT11 and did you choose the DT10 in preference to a DT11?

What are your thoughts on the DT11 in relation to the DT10?

Thanks for the write up Iggy. Looks like you got a nice piece of wood there – I will be more than happy if mine looks like that. Not sure what all the fuss is about the polymer coating on the top lever. It’s very durable stuff. But I guess time will tell there.

Did you get any paperwork regarding extending your warranty from 3 to 10 yrs (I believe you have to send your card off to activate the standard 3yrs)? Wondering how much it is.

Which five HP chokes do you get with it – all except cylinder? You would think they would just give you all 6 and be done with it.

...all except full, (at a guess) remember beretta skeet is more open than cylinder...

Not to me no. Although I'm not a fan of 'face weld' and have light but firm face contact with the gun I've no problem seeing just the right amount of rib. I've not tried this but I'd say you could do the old £ coin trick at the receiver and see the whole bead above it. . Iggy.
The 692 I picked up was way too low in the comb, if someone sat a £ coin on the reciver I wouldn't see any bead at all!!!

I was in no way criticizing the 692 merely saying that it did not feel like a gun I would be happy with.when I first saw it on the shelf it did not stand out I held and mounted the gun but still it did not give me any confidence in it.i found it very lightweight.i also like deep dark Wood which this did not have.opening and closing the gun was very hard I have had a lot of new guns and none were as stiff.also the top lever I did not like.the hp chokes I do not think give s good patterns as optima.at the end of the day it did not feel as good as the used dt10 when I held that.as I said this is my own personal opinion and feel sure that many others will find this model to their liking and go on to shoot extremely well with.as for dt11 I intend to have one before the end of the year but would like to find a replacement choke for the hp type.my budget will be for new but if there is a very good used one privately then I would buy that way as well.

The one I picked up before ordering mine was very hard to open to the point where I thought it was locked shut. As someone who has never owned a brand new gun (my current is a 30yr old 682) I just assumed this was normal and got easier as it wore in with usage.

Mid price Beretta guns are stiff when new and some never really ease up enough.

Mid price Beretta guns are stiff when new and some never really ease up enough.
Berettas never close nicely compared to Browning and Perazzi. It's just they way they work. Usually open really nicely though in my limited experience.

DT10/11 are good but not the poverty spec stuff. My old 682e got to the stage where a nudge from the thumb flopped it open B)  until someone brought to my attention the day light gap between chamber and barrels :lol:  . Replacing both oversize discs made the gun impossible to open so ended up with just one new one and it's no Perazzi now I can tell you.

The one I picked up before ordering mine was very hard to open to the point where I thought it was locked shut. As someone who has never owned a brand new gun (my current is a 30yr old 682) I just assumed this was normal and got easier as it wore in with usage.
Yes it will loosen up but will never be sloppy like some mfs seem to be. My eell was a bitch to open when new prob took about 1000 before it loosened up, this presumably is down to the close tolerances that beretta work too on higher end stuff. Now we get a nice clunk like a rolls Royce door when you close it ... lovely.

Paid my first visit to Avalon Guns in Street today and was well impressed with the shop and the range of both new and secondhand guns on sale.

Got to see a 692 in the flesh and handle it and compare it to a DT11.  Now I'm a beginner but I have to say that the 692 felt very light compared to the DT11 and was in fact one whole pound lighter.

The DT11 gets my vote but its more than twice the price!

As to the stock I have to say that both suited me so those to whom the stocks seem low must have longer necks than me and I even tried both with a £2 coin on the rib! :D

By the way someone was asking about how to find out if there is outstanding finance on a gun and I can't find the thread now.  Avalon do offer HP finance and its not a personal loan.  It all had to be set up carefully as Avalon still own the gun until its been paid off so there are certificate issues etc.

There is no database of outstanding finance and I see that there is now another dealer doing finance.  Avalon said they wouldn't tell you if there was OS finance on a gun if you asked them as it would breach data protection rules.

So caveat emptor!  Buyer Beware! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the weather up t'north is looking promising for the bank holiday weekend so I'm hoping to take her out for a spin over the next few days.

To answer one of the questions posed Ive just had the gun on my new (thanks Santa) electronic kitchen scales and it comes in at 8lbs 3 oz or 3.75kg so I'm assuming all non adjustable 32" guns should be about the same.

It's funny how so many people who pick one of these up (or the SV10 Prevail) immediately feel they are too light when in fact they are quite a normal Sporter weight, differently balanced perhaps?

I spent quite a lot of the comparing the 692 to the DT11 before deciding, and even put about 120 shells or so through the DT but for me personally at well over 9lbs the DT11 in 32" was just too much of a handful....plus I hadn't got another 2k to spare.

Iggy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The weight sounds about right as Berettas own specs state 3.55kg -/+ 100g for the 30". I cant say I really noticed a major difference over my 682 but I only got to handle the 692 in store and not on the range. Out of curiosity I will weigh my 682 tonight :)

Just posted another thread I weighed my Browning XTR 4.126kg quite a bit heavier than they say in their specs.. weird!

Hello everyone, I have only just joined the site but i did buy a 692 sporter with 30" barrels on friday and i have to say that i am very impressed with it.

I did try a second hand dt10 at the same time but much preferred the feel of the 692, this could be because my previous gun was a silver pigeon 5 field gun again with 30" barrels.

My father has a dt11 which i have shot, he has been trying to convince me to get one but to be honest the weight of the 692 seems to be much better to me, and the extra 2K was too much of a stretch for my pocket!

The stock dimensions are pretty similar to what my SP5 were, i dont have any problems with the comb height either, it feels just like my SP5 did and i know that fitted pretty well as i had the fit checked down at west kent shooting school.

I can feel the receiver is a bit wider but nothing like the DT11 or the DT10. The gun is pretty tight to open at the minute but im sure it will loosen up after a time, i have turned the ejectors off for the minute though so i can concentrate on opening without fear of loosing a few empty cartridges into the shooters behind.

a couple of pics of my gun

post-1767-0-27033700-1369773938.jpg

post-1767-0-06944900-1369774014.jpg

Attachments

• P1010831.JPG
    P1010831.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010832.JPG
    P1010832.JPG
    129.4 KB · Views: 0
Nice monkeyboy you lucky g1t.

Can any of you lucky enough to have yours confirm where the 692 is made i.e USA or Italy as usually stamped on the barrels? Not that it matters one jot I am just intrigued where GMK are actually shipping them from. I would have assumed Italy but there was talk about USA in the DT11 vs 692 thread and I never saw an answer.

Back