Benelli SP'Auto @ Barbury

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me and Phil are in at 9.30. I'm borrowing his gun which I shot at this shoot last year and had great fun.  Can't wait for Sundsy!

just checked, we are on squad 4.  It was brilliant last year, we had a great squad, we shot with another couple and on the first stand the ref told the hubby he had to "push it in hard" meaning the cartridges.  Well that was it, the other wife and myself were in stitches and at almost every opportunity told him to make sure it was in hard etc etc etc.  Poor man, I almost felt  sorry for him by the end of the shoot but he took the fluffy rabbits really well and it made the shoot much better having a great squad to shoot with.  Hope we have as much fun this time round.

11.30 squad 27 :D
I was squad 25

just checked, we are on squad 4.  It was brilliant last year, we had a great squad, we shot with another couple and on the first stand the ref told the hubby he had to "push it in hard" meaning the cartridges.  Well that was it, the other wife and myself were in stitches and at almost every opportunity told him to make sure it was in hard etc etc etc.  Poor man, I almost felt  sorry for him by the end of the shoot but he took the fluffy rabbits really well and it made the shoot much better having a great squad to shoot with.  Hope we have as much fun this time round.

Poor man ?

another brilliant shoot.  Only 2nd time with an auto, borrowed the hubbies which is miles too long for me at 32" (nearly as tall as me!).  Went on pool shoot to get reacquainted with it and kept forgetting I had 3 shots etc so had a horrible feeling about the comp but it went well.  Didn't shoot a great score but then again I didn't expect to but Ive decided to get an auto and shoot these type of comps  more regularly.  They are great fun and again we had a great squad.  2 refs on our squad and they proved they could shoot as well as ref.  Targets brilliant and a thoroughly enjoyable day out.  

Well done to all refs/scorers, they kept things moving and had a bit of banter along the way.  Can't wait till next years!

Last edited by a moderator:
How did everyone get on? Our 120 auto shoot is Saturday July 30th. It's the third year we've done it so should be good fun.

Wish I'd been able to get to the benelli myself but we had a shoot on. ?

I didn't fair to well!

Although I borrowed an old beretta 302 with 26" barrels and fixed cylinder choke! Not ideal but was a good crack.

Can I use a Winchester SX3 at yours?

Back