Benelli 828U

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Santa2512

Anyone seen one of these yet?

Ive heard they look  / feel very nice  from a friend at a local store

Must admit the Silver model looks very nice.

only in 28" at the moment, buy weighs in at a nice 6.5lbs

hmmm  tempting

:santa:

It is about balance (between the hands) and barrel weight, but for reasons of stability and recoil I don't think any o/u proves a good sporting clay gun unless it's somewhere between 8lb and 9lb

This is the one I also mentioned in the earlier thread about Fabarm.

The Benelli is a very complex piece of kit and I will be interested to see how reliable it is? Pnuematic ejectors???????

This is the one I also mentioned in the earlier thread about Fabarm.

The Benelli is a very complex piece of kit and I will be interested to see how reliable it is? Pnuematic ejectors???????
let's be honest Pete, it's been designed as a 'light weight upland bird hunting gun' for the American market...what will the average 'upland bird hunter' shoot in a year, 100 shells? Max? 

I wouldn't want to be hammering 10k clay shells a year through it or shooting it all day at a hot peg on a high pheasant shoot!!!

I've got the anodised black 28" version, and frankly I'm loving it. The felt recoil in the shoulder is stunningly negligible for a gun that weighs 6 1/2lbs: I took it out the other week, and with 28g blue diamonds it was really nice to point and shoot. It's a bit short (My usual B725 is 30"), so I suspect that I'll be looking to get extended chokes (I hear good things about Muller, but if anyone knows better, I'm listening), possibly ported as it is 1) light, and 2) a little livelier at the business end than a Browning.

It's unlikely to become my everyday clay-breaker, but it's definitely worth trying it out. I tried a friend's, and I'd bought one for myself within a fortnight.

The only bad news is that three days after I bought it I broke a bone in my shooting hand, so I've only put 200 cartridges through it so far... Currently sitting at home, waiting for it to heal... Grrr...

Latest posts

Back