bead removed shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All depends how your eyes look at the space at the end of the barrel

if you have a bead, you have  POR in relation to the clay,  (rightly or wrongly)

How you use / interprit that is up to the individual.

:santa:

From my limited experience I have started to understand that the gun fit combined with a 'hard focus' on the clay kills far more than trying to aim or think about lead.  Last weekend I shot a quite reasonable score in Compak but the then fell to bits when I started to aim during the next round.  I am so tempted to remove my beads but can't quite pluck up courage yet.  Been trying to do as said above - just use the beads to check the mount and then ignore and focus on the clay.  

Get a black marker and colour them in, that way if you don't like it you only have to clean the off to get them back.;)

Ah that is because only works with BRITISH clays :- You see the box that I saw had

C...............CONCENTRATE                     C...............CALL                   I....................INITIATE.

EASY.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a white bead but never see it whilst shooting,but I think my gun wouldn't look right without a bead.

I like my beads (on the gun - before Les or ips reads this and....well, you know them).  

They don't distract me, but on the odd occasion when I doubt my set up they act as a check before I call for the bird.

Beads eh, i will come back to you when i have thought of a jovial response there has to be one :)

I like my beads...
analtreet.jpg

Ok, so I forgot to include Skeet UK in those that would take the proverbial (insert smiley thingy - non available on my phone?)

Edit - found how to do one - :) :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

yes mark but was it a success or not .  and what about now - with or without .?
I picked up several birds/100 after Carlisle removed my bead.  Some of that can be attributed to instruction in general (hold points and such), and some to not "flicking my eyes to the bead to check the lead and slowing the gun." My scores did not drop after I went to a new set of barrels with a bead.  However, I had learned by then to "not focus" on the barrel, and keep my eyes focused on the clay with the barrel in the peripheral vision (at least most of the time).  Eye discipline in general is WAY under rated in the clay sports, and gimmicky equipment over rated, IMHO.  Those neon light pipes are a real score killer for new shooters, and I don't understand why the gun companies push them. 

My father in law has an easy hit light pipe stuck to a DT10L, and a pair of 687EELL's. Absolute sacrilege! He fell into the sales pitch trap of eye dominenece issues.

Its a personal thing.....I always replace the big white ones for a tiny metal one. I like having it in my pereferal vision. If you have a huge problem like aiming the gun then remove it. I had a chap at Owls Lodge yesterday who had an easy hit bead.....perfect invention to make sure you never move your gun away from the target :fie:  .....turns out his gun was far too flat causing him to think he had an eye issue. Stock adjusted....easy hit removed...problem solved.

Latest posts

Back