Are inches important

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my eye on a very nice sxs sidelock but its 26". 1/4 & 3/8 with 2,3/4" chambers.

any good for "low ish" driven pheasant and partridge. ???
As long as they're low enough to wack base ball bat style, can't see any harm. 

Masive change in shooting style? Not really, and the balance on my 34" Perazzi is pretty standard and the gun weighs much the same as my old 32" caesar Geurini. Perceived lead is definately bigger imho but that's about it. I'm 5'10" and it only took a couple of outings to get used to the extra length. 

Buying another gun I'd probably not bother with the extra 2" and at most I'd buy 33" max. 

I have scored well occasionally at skeet so getting it moving is just a matter of practice.

I think that apart from Miroku which surely must be the best value gun per £ ?

A S/H Caesar Guerini would fit the bill completely, gundealers seem to not value S/H Guerini's correctly, offering you bugger all for them if you are selling , but then adding anything upto £600 what they gave you to sell onwards. 

Mike Mansfield and Company  ( CG UK) have a customer  service that is exemplary, I would not hesitate in recommending anyone who is looking for value for money, to  consider a Guerini , plus all guns actually come with chokes extended by 1" so your 32" Simmit will actually be 33".

Go for it , you know it is what you want .

I actually know two dwarfs who shoot 33" Summits very well , nearly forgot there is a Pensioner from Warrington who seems to be enjoying a purple patch at the moment, but we all know he's out of control.

Hi Gra. If your not sorted your more than welcome to try my Ultra titanium, it's a 32" inc. I'm at oakedge this sat 17th Dec. I'll be there about 10.30am.

Cheers, Malc

Thanks all, I think after taking on board the suggestions I'm going to stick with my 30" tubes at the moment and learn to shoot with what I have - no sense searching for Excalibur as it just don't exist, i'm confident in the patterns my XS is throwing and iv'e even been known to hit a few long shots in my time, I just probably need a bit more practice to be a little more confident in my sight picture on the longer targets, I need to build into my armory of techniques a slo-mo version of my style to lift my hit count a little, maybe I just get a little exited when I see the clay and feel the need to 'shoot the sh*t' out of it, a little more planning and adapting differing styles for differing birds will go a long way methinks! 

I agree Charlie, once the gun is shouldered balance is the thing and that can be achieved regardless of barrell length. The only reason I dislike anything over 30" is because they dont feel right to me generally.

I have my eye on a very nice sxs sidelock but its 26". 1/4 & 3/8 with 2,3/4" chambers.

any good for "low ish" driven pheasant and partridge. ???
Have you considered shooting from a kneeling position  ???

Latest posts

Back